US General reported killed in Afghanistan

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2014%2F08%2F06%2Fworld%2Fasia%2Fafghanistan-attack.html&ei=O_LgU8SqIaj_8AGzuoHwDw&usg=AFQjCNG__njcd_VJTo7mCsIr2_MSnOg8mQ&bvm=bv.72197243,d.b2U

KABUL, Afghanistan — A United States Army major general was killed on Tuesday by an Afghan soldier, shot at close range at a military training academy on the outskirts of Kabul, officials of the American-led coalition said Tuesday. The officer was the highest-ranking member of the American military to die in hostilities in the Afghanistan war.

Very sad to hear this. It really shows these Muslim Guerillas are virtually impossible to deal with, they are on a suicide mission.

Another terrorist attack!

Its rare you hear about a General shot by an enemy. Pentagon-Kirby said it was a routine sight visit and they are investigating.

What happened to the shooter? Was he killed or captured?

I am sorry he was successful in his plan and the U.S. has lost a general.

I think we’re losing the War on Terror.

Dear God, I pray that you will send the Holy Spirit to touch the hearts of all those involved in the evil of today’s massacre in Afghanistan. Please help those who have been injured, hold the souls of those who have died in Your loving arms and please send comfort and love to those living who are so terribly impacted by this terrible event. Lastly, Lord, please send the Holy Spirit upon those who have committed this horrendous act. Help them to realize their sin. I pray for the conversion of all who hold the ideals that Christians and Jews be eliminated. Please, St. Paul, you know what is happening in this world. Please intercede for us this day. Thank You God. Be not afraid!..

Don’t know if the shooter was captured or killed. Hopefully captured and kept away from his ‘friends’ until they forget about him. :thumbsup:

During the attack, other Afghan soldiers shot the lone gunman dead, Azimi reported.
In addition to the slain general — believed to be the first two-star general killed in combat since the Vietnam war — about 15 people were wounded in the attack, including three Afghan soldiers, Azimi said.
A U.S. official said “about a dozen” American soldiers were hurt. Their conditions are not known. Germany’s military said one German brigadier general was also injured, but his injuries are not life-threatening, Reuters reported.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQqQIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fman-afghan-army-uniform-opens-fire-foreign-troops-report-article-1.1892010&ei=JS3hU-T5GcPj8gGP5oDwCg&usg=AFQjCNExsP8EDEK3oD8Qm4M8osxo2FXXOA

Identified as Harold J Greene 55 of Falls Church Virginia.

The evil that exists in the Middle East seems to be growing exponentially. What we in the West don’t seem to understand is that these Islamics come from an irrational concept of goodness. It simply is not possible to reason with them. We are putting all of our innocent lives at risk by attempting to deal with them reasonably. Someone had to turn their eyes in the other direction to allow this Islamist terrorist to keep his gun–humm was the fox guarding the hen house? How sad it is to have lost a General, however, is his life more valuable than any of the soldiers whose lives have been lost?. Maybe the powers to be will take better measures to protect all soldiers.

Guerrillas in general cannot be beaten with force of arms, Vietnam should have taught us that.

I don’t understand what your stating here?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.