US State Department backs gay envoy, raps Dominican cardinal [CC]

The US State Department has strongly backed the country’s openly homosexual ambassador to the Dominican Republic, who has been the focus of criticism by Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez …

More…

More from Fox News

It got so heated that earlier this month, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., sent a letter to Pope Francis asking him to intervene in the verbal attacks. 

“Even before Ambassador Brewster’s arrival in Santo Domingo in 2013, Cardinal Rodriguez launched a personal attack against him with public statements quoted in the popular press,” Durbin’s letter said. “The Cardinal used the hateful slur ‘faggot,’ which he continues to use to this day.”
foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/22/state-department-chides-cardinal-over-gay-slurs-against-us-ambassador.html

Why is a personal issue as one’s sexuality part of U.S. foreign policy? I see about 25 thing far more important that this issue. No offense intended here.

Here is yet another example of our disgusting administration pushing the LGBT agenda on other countries that don’t want it. This is sickening. The current administration which we live under is evil. Not only do they promote the LGBT agenda but they are extremely pro-abortion.

Wonder how the Obama administration and people like Dick Durbin would feel, if the Dominican ambassador to the US helped promote opposition to homosexual marriage in this country.

And let’s not forget, abortion has become illegal in Dominican Republic just in the last month, maybe there Supreme Court ruled on that if I remember correctly, so bravo that they are trying to be morally right.

In fact, rights should be respected but Jamaica, all of those countries frown on SSM.

Well, if true, I agree that f—ot shouldn’t be said. Unless the nuance there is different than it is here. I don’t support the movement, but I do think the word a bit cringe-worthy.

Ya. It’s wrong to force secular beliefs on a Catholic country like the DR, but the Cardinal has probably lost support due to his comments. I say they need to pull that ambassador though, unless they want Catholic America getting ticked off… Contraception, Abortion, SSM; evil policies, don’t force them on other countries, my dear homeland, or you will lose support on key issues!

I am amused by the presumption that the American government would not support its envoy no matter what their sexuality. I am even more amused by some vainly held hope that the American government would support Christian moral frameworks. It is one of the most anti-Christian administrations outside of the Middle East.

America, what have you done to your Soul?

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.