US Supreme Court read to hear challenges to contraceptive mandate? [CC]

The US Supreme Court will decide today whether to hear arguments on a group of challenges to the contraceptive mandate in the “Obamacare” health policy.In a closed session on November …

More…

White House: High court will uphold contraception mandate

It must be 33 - 6 for HHS mandate cases that have won in court compared to those have not.

Time to trot out Rep Trey Gowdy versus Secretary Sebelius on religious liberty:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmpoYb-hA1s

Bishop Paprocki, can you visit the Supreme court and perform another exorcism please? Remember, 5 of these supreme court judges are supposed to be Catholic!!!
Lord have mercy on the United states of America.

I tell you, if the Supreme Court does not overturn this unconstitutional mandate which violates our religious freedom then I will wish that I could give up my American citizenship. I have been so disappointed and angered by our government’s actions these past few years and I would be quite angry if the Supreme Court upheld this horrendous attack on our religious freedom.

I think you can relax. I just don’t see SCOTUS upholding this mandate.

I’m kind of chuckling as I read this because we thought the same thing about the individual mandate.

This, however, is not the heart of ObamaCare and I too think it will be struck down.

My hope is that it’s not a 5-4 but a 6-3 or even 9-0 knockout.

Think of the can of worms that will open.

Those worms done left the can a looooooong time ago.

And go where? Do you expect other civilized countries would allow this sort of thing?

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?:shrug:

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?:o

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?:blush:

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?:confused:

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?:eek:

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?:frowning:

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?:o:cool::eek:

Could the supreme court create an opt out from Obamacare for anybody that does not wnt to pay for birth control or abortifacients or would whatever desicions are made only impact the two businesses?

I hope the two cases against the mandate win but recent decisions of overturning Prop 8 and DOMA have not done much to inspire confidence in the Supreme court.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.