USCCB's Social Justice Arm Caught Funding Pro-Abortion/Prostitution Groups: Takes "Decisive" Action in Response

Breaking news from www.lifesitenews.com

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/sep/09092205.html

The Lifesite News Article about the Catholic Campaign for Human Development makes reference to a Bellarmine Veritas Ministries report on the CCHD, which can be found here.

O my goodness, that’s unsettling.

May God have mercy on our bishops. And thanks be to Him for showing them the devil’s work.

Why is Michael Steele making the same mistake that McCain did? Our weakness allows the evil one to prevail as we stand by cowering. Will we ever learn?

Did Jesus say “Whatever you do to the least of these is no problem???”

NO!!!

He said, **"And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’ " (Mt 25:40). **

That is why i despise politics and pray for all politicians. If you stand for everything, you stand for nothing, if you try to make everyone happy, NO ONE IS HAPPY, and everyone is miserable!!!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

The Bellarmine Veritas Ministry just posted a response to the CCHD on their front page:

Response to the CCHD
2009 September 22

As reported by LifeSiteNews.com, the CCHD is defunding at least two of the grantees detailed in our recent national campaign. We are pleased with this first step and regard it as a sign of good faith by the CCHD. However, we remain concerned with how these organizations were cleared to receive funding in the first place. When Catholics entrust their donations to the CCHD they should feel assured that not a single penny will be used to fund groups which promote abortion or any other practice which runs contrary to both the moral and natural law. As it stands, we have no such assurance. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have made their way to such groups and if the current standards remain in place, the risk remains for the future.

Until the CCHD implements a more robust set of guidelines and filters, we must unfortunately continue to advise Catholics to withhold their donations from the CCHD. We are hopeful that the CCHD will indeed take this next step and we look forward to the day when we can report this good news to our readers.

bellarmineveritasministry.org/

And they had NO IDEA???

Is this an example of being a good steward with the money they get in small dollar amounts from poor parishioners?

Or did they deliberately and knowingly give the money to those groups?

Why do I need someone to use my tiny contributions from my meager money so they can give to some left wing “charity” so they can feel hip.

Let them get reassigned to work with Fr. Benedict Groeschel at one of his soup kitchens. Let them chop vegetables for a few years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.