Use of Salisbury and Use of Hereford

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but this forum seemed like the right place.

I’ve been doing quite a bit of genealogy lately, and as it turns out, my 15th great grandfather was a Roman Catholic priest, who served as a canon for the Cathedral of the Diocese of Worcester. A many times great grand uncle was Bishop of Worcester.

Would Worcester have fallen under the Use of Salisbury, or did they have their own use?

Also, does anyone have any information on the liturgy of the Use of Hereford? Most of my ancestors came from Herefordshire so this is the rite which to which they would have been accustomed.

Why not try contacting the Diocese of Worcester and ask them your question, there may be an archivist known to the diocese who could answer you question.

I’ve already sent off an email, but I was wondering if anyone around these parts had any information as well.

It would depend when exactly he was alive as Worchester piece-meal “converted” to the Sarum Use.

Also, does anyone have any information on the liturgy of the Use of Hereford? Most of my ancestors came from Herefordshire so this is the rite which to which they would have been accustomed.

What kind of information?

Bishop Carpenter was born in 1399 and died in 1470-something. Father Richard Carpenter was born in 1470 and died in 1503.

About the Use of Hereford, I’m just curious about the liturgies.

I’ve already sent off an email, but I was wondering if anyone around these parts had any information as well.

The Catholic Answers forums originated in the USA and for this English specific question you may have to go to England for your answer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.