Useful intel re: Liturgy and Sacraments

I want to have a resource thread our members can consult for all the things used in the liturgy so I can place it in the stickies, so please post your links here.

Please do not respond with comments about the links with no links to add. This is a resource thread. Thank you all. :)

[quote="Jean_Anthony, post:1, topic:232366"]
I want to have a resource thread our members can consult for all the things used in the liturgy so I can place it in the stickies, so please post your links here.

[/quote]

www.euroclero.it

This is a great store. Their customer service is excellent and, if you need to contact them, they speak and understand English. Their delivery is also quick. They have zucchettos, cassocks, albs and a wide selection of vestments. Of course, they were also tailors to the former Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger. :D

autom.com
low priced supplies and vestments.

The House of Hansen has excellent vestments (roman and gothic), birettas, zucettos, surplices, cassocks, and any other similar things you can think of. Very high quality liturgical "stuff"

Oh yes, I almost forgot about TH Stempers. Most of their vestments are nothing special, but they have some decent chalices, and lots of the usable goods like altar candles, incense, coals, etc...

A digital copy of the 2002 Missale Romanum (third typical edition, in Latin).

Here is my dream shop. If I ever win the lottery, the mega millions or the powerball, this is where I would like to take my parochial vicar (and, maybe our forum members, Fr. David and Fr. Corey:D)!

tridentinum.com/en/catalogue.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=136

I just ordered a pair of shoes for a prelate friend of mine from this company. They make the shoes for the Holy Father. They don't run cheap, but, I think that the shoes will outlast my friend. The shoes are handmade, taking two months or so to make. But, they will be well worth it when he gets them for his jubilee!

charbelvestments.com/
Some very nice vestments and cheap too.

Renzetti & Magnarelli - Vestments

[quote="benedictgal, post:7, topic:232366"]
Here is my dream shop. If I ever win the lottery, the mega millions or the powerball, this is where I would like to take my parochial vicar (and, maybe our forum members, Fr. David and Fr. Corey:D)!

tridentinum.com/en/catalogue.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=136

I just ordered a pair of shoes for a prelate friend of mine from this company. They make the shoes for the Holy Father. They don't run cheap, but, I think that the shoes will outlast my friend. The shoes are handmade, taking two months or so to make. But, they will be well worth it when he gets them for his jubilee!

[/quote]

When ordering, did you have to pay by credit card or did you pay after your received the items?

A link to de Defectibus from DeepeningFaith: clerus.org/bibliaclerusonline/en/eif.htm.

susanmaria.com/page/page/661082.htm
Susan Marie Evans: Traditional Catholic Vestments (Based in (Australia)

stbenetsguild.tripod.com/index.htm
Church Vestments and Textile Furnishings (Dayton, Ohio)

usedchurchitems.com/
Church Connection- used church items including vestments and liturgical furnishings
(located in Pennsylvania)

A very good post and certainly these are points really useful.

This company has beautiful vestments for very low prices, accepts Paypal, and ships very quickly from India.

catholicliturgicals.com/

I think that the best book on history of the sacraments is Joseph Martos, Doors to the Sacred: A Historical Introduction to the Sacraments in the Catholic Church. It's well written and very readable.

amazon.com/Doors-Sacred-Historical-Introduction-Sacraments/dp/0764807188

The Mass of the Early Christians by Mike Aquilina

Through Their Own Eyes: Liturgy as the Byzantines Saw It and Eastern-Rite Catholicism: Its Heritage and Vocation by Archimandrite Robert F. Taft, S.J.

The Didache

[quote="Loren_1of6, post:9, topic:202974"]

I'll look into those. I've never heard of Living With Christ so I'll have to find it. I have seen Magnificat and the other one I mentioned (maybe it's The Word Among Us).

[/quote]

livingwithchrist.us/index.php

The USCCB has the Mass readings here. No pronunciation guide, though.

I subscribe to Magnificat. It’s a little pricey but it’s compact and includes Morning and Evening Prayers. (I have and sometimes use Christian Prayer: The Liturgy of the Hours which I like very much because it includes the music for the hymns, but often I’m focused on the Eastern readings and prayers so having the short form in the Magnificat is helpful. I know you aren’t asking about LOTH but because Magnificat includes those Morning and Evening Prayers I mention them.) I like the reflections that are included and the cover art is lovely. I have the See-through plastic cover- Price: US $2.95, which has been very useful keeping the cover and pages in good shape. I always bring it with me to our RCIA sessions so I can refer to the Sunday readings easily, plus any of the feasts/solemnities in the coming week, which are noted on the inside cover.

I receive the daily readings for the Eastern Catholics at my email address which I read on my computer and my cell phone. This includes Vespers, the readings for the Divine Liturgy, the Synaxarion of the Day (readings on the lives of the Saints), and the abstinence, if any, for the day. I see on the USCCB site there are daily podcasts that can be sent to you, but I don’t see an option for getting the readings in print format sent your email . I assume there must be some site that offers to send the text version daily. I really like having it on my phone email.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.