Useful Resource?

Anybody have or know about this book: “The Cultural World of the Bible: An Illustrated Guide to Manners and Customs”, by Victor Matthews? amazon.com/Cultural-World-Bible-Illustrated-Manners/dp/0801049733/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1491584043&sr=1-2

Looks good, but not a Catholic author from what i see. Any particular theological bias or is it just straight history? Thanks

The book seems to be a historical review of good manners and culture and not a theological work. Not everything good must be written by a Catholic author or with a with a Catholic bent… I think reviving some of the Old World charm, culture and manners could be a good thing, don’t you? When was the last time you held or opened a door for someone, made it a point to say “Thank You” at the drive thru or properly addressed some one other than “Hey You or you guys” or held or helped someone with their coat? I think a review and a practice of some of the old ways could become virtues in themselves/ Yup, buy the book. Peace:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.