Useful Spiritual Warfare Sacramentals?

Hi everyone. What are some useful sacramentals used in spiritual warfare? What first comes to my mind is holy water, blessed salt, and the rosary. What other sacraments are there that are helpful for use in spiritual warfare? :shrug::confused:

Jubilee Medal of St. Benedict (can also be blessed with the exorcism blessing):

ewtn.com/library/mary/cspbmedl.htm

osb.org/gen/medal.html

Hmmm thanks! What about the ordinary Medal of St. Benedict? :shrug::confused:

Excellent sugestion ! :thumbsup:
A St Benedict medal is indeed a powerful weapon for those who understand everything inscribed on it, and who has Faith in it’s power to protect.

-St Benedict Medal
-Blessed Salt
-Holy Water in fonts at each entrance of the home
-The Rosary prayed with appropriate intentions and meditations

Holly,
The only things I can think of to add are, placing a Blessed Crucifix in each room where you are likely to see it when entering the room. And placing one on the inside of each entrance door. If
one in each room seems a bit much, perhaps statues of Our Lady and St Michael the Archangel in two of the rooms would be nice. But do place a Crucifix in your bedrooms and on the entrance doors :slight_smile:

And perhaps the most potent weapon may be the Our Father.

“… but deliver us from evil. Amen.”

J+M+J

The brown scapular (a sign of your being under Mary’s protection).

You have many good suggestions. But I’d like to “second” the Brown Scapular.

It brought about my conversion and return to the Catholic Church (after 10 year absence).

You can get the Brown Scapular at any of the online Catholic stores… have it blessed by a priest and also, have him “invest” you in the Brown Scapular. Then, be sure to wear it every day… without fail.

God bless.

Yeah but don’t you have to pray the rosary every day if you become invested in the Brown Scapular? What about for people who can’t make such a commitment? :shrug::confused:

No Holly, it is not absolutely necessary to say the Rosary each day… to use the Brown Scapular. There are other “conditions” which you can meet. You can read more about the other conditions (Sabbatine Privilege), in the link below. There are several things you can do.

holysouls.info/faq/74-indulgences/143-what-is-the-sabbatine-privilege

I follow the suggested fast and abstinence from meat on Wednesday and Saturday… because that fits in well, with my schedule.

Hope this helps in some way. God bless.

Interesting. I had not read about this before! I will probably try wearing the brown scapular again. :slight_smile:

scapulars, St. Benedict medals, palms, holy water, rosaries, blessed holy cards, blessed crucifixes, etc.

Really, anything that is blessed is a sacramental, and decreases Satan’s power.

Ah okay! I didn’t know that! :slight_smile: Thank you for informing me! :thumbsup:

Palms? Palms can be sacramentals?? Good heavens I wish I knew that years ago! I live in Florida and have lots of palm trees in my yard!
I could have my entire yard, home and family protected while at home!!! :wink:

I’m kidding. I know palms are blessed for Palm Sunday. But I really do live in Florida with many palm trees.

Simon.

One sort of sacramental thing we did was have an Enthronement ceremony in our home. Our deacon and two women came over with Crucifixes (small ones) and holy water. We all walked thru the house blessing each room and particular objects (such as the computers). Then we all prayed a special Enthronement prayer, making our home the Throne of Christ and we his obedient subjects. We then received a beautiful certificate suitable for framing which we did and placed it on our sort-of-home-altar (old console stereo). So, we see that certificate every day and reminds us who’s really the King in the house (not me!) and we feel greatly protected against the Evil One.

Simon

also a good hefty copy of Sacred Scripture, I prefer the Douay Rheims translation
just pick it up and read it, evil will always flee in the face of the word of God.

a big 2nd to the Holy Rosary, St Benedict Crucifix, Brown Scapular, and any other saint medals/pictures or small statues of saints that you have a particular devotion to, or…don’t forget a picture or statue of Christ Himself

our Lord cast out plenty of demons during His earthly ministry.

all should be blessed by a priest of course :thumbsup:

the most potent weapon is the sacraments, specifically confession and communion. Without these the sacramentals are of no avail whatever.

same thing, that is the jubilee medal
the blessing includes a minor exorcism, but unless one first returns to the state of grace through the sacraments there can be no effect

absolutely true

Have recourse to our brother-creatures the angels! Remember that angels are not the pretty-boy/tomcats that you see in modern art; they are masculine expression of God's great plan for the Universe. The angelic armies are great, and well-ordered, and numerous. I bet there are billions of individual warriors of Heaven...

Get the chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel. It is a great rosary-like devotion whereby we ask the choirs and hosts of angels to pray for us and protect us from the hordes of Hell. St. Michael - the great warrior, the prince of the armies of Heaven - loves exercising his God-given right to protect souls. He has great zeal for souls, being a pure rational substance in God's service. Also, get the scapular of St. Michael - it's even shaped like a freakin' shield!

Blessed be the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit of God!

The Chaplet: premier.net/~avemarie/St_Michael.htm (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nueva_Coronilla.png)

The Scapular: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapular_of_St._Michael_the_Archangel (shieldofstmichael.com/stm2.jpg)

goodness I can't believe I forgot about St. Michael

:thumbsup:
:angel1::knight1::knight2:

Sancte Michael Archangele,
defende nos in proelio;
contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur:
tuque, Princeps militiae Caelestis,
satanam aliosque spiritus malignos,
qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo,
divina virtute in infernum detrude.
Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

:amen:

I personally would invest in a statue of St. Michael. It is a very powerful image, seeing the mighty archangel defeating Satan. God bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.