Uterine Ablation

Can someone point in the right direction regarding Endometrial (Uterine) Ablation? I understand the procedure, why it is used etc. How does it square with Catholic teaching? My wife and I practice NFP, we are in our mid forties, we have have two older boys( 20 &16) and have experienced four miscarriages in the last six years. She has been recommended this procedure to add in dealing with an abnormal heavy monthly cycle. All help would be appreciated, she is looking to me for understanding and direction. I have already asked God for wisdom.
C Gardner

[quote="C_Gardner, post:1, topic:230050"]
Can someone point in the right direction regarding Endometrial (Uterine) Ablation? I understand the procedure, why it is used etc. How does it square with Catholic teaching? My wife and I practice NFP, we are in our mid forties, we have have two older boys( 20 &16) and have experienced four miscarriages in the last six years. She has been recommended this procedure to add in dealing with an abnormal heavy monthly cycle. All help would be appreciated, she is looking to me for understanding and direction. I have already asked God for wisdom.
C Gardner

[/quote]

From the EWTN website:

ewtn.com/vexperts/showresult.asp?RecNum=603774&Forums=0&Experts=0&Days=2009&Author=&Keyword=uterine+ablation&pgnu=1&groupnum=0&record_bookmark=1&ORDER_BY_TXT=ORDER+BY+ReplyDate+DESC&start_at=

ewtn.com/vexperts/showresult.asp?RecNum=566341&Forums=0&Experts=0&Days=2009&Author=&Keyword=uterine+ablation&pgnu=1&groupnum=0&record_bookmark=2&ORDER_BY_TXT=ORDER+BY+ReplyDate+DESC&start_at=

Hope that the information is helpful.

The Pope Paul VI Institute researches treatments for reproductive issues from a completely pro-life stand. Their NaPro Technology may have a solution for your case. Hopefully, they can refer you to a nearby doctor who adheres to their practices or can recommend the best possible treatment.

If it turns out there is no alternative to ablation for your case, please consult with your priest or someone at the diocese who would be able to properly evaluate the details of your situation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.