UV Light missing from intergalactic space

Good afternoon, all,

Since I’m an amateur astronomer, this type of thing interests me. Maybe some of ya’ll would be interested in science news, too.

Researchers have discovered there’s not enough UltraViolet light sources to explain all the hydrogen ions (caused when UV hit hydrogen atom) between galaxies. Researchers wonder if dark matter an UV source?

See here for details:

colorado.edu/news/releases/2014/07/09/cu-boulder-instrument-onboard-hubble-reveals-universe-%E2%80%98missing%E2%80%99-light

God loves all of you, lurkers, too,
Don

Thank you for Sharing this Don, I’m what one would call an Armchair Astronomer ,
It’s a subject that is incredibly fascinating , which I have always had an interest in,
I spend time outside with my IPad Star Chart, and have the usual Space sites I follow,
And now I’m Facebook linked to this Page you showed as well…
I will explore this topic a little further, I’ll remind you of a quote I’m sure you are aware of,

The more I learn , the more I realise how much I don’t know ,

Albert Einstein

Good afternoon, Phil,

I’m glad you enjoyed it. Do you have the Solar Orbital Heliosphere Observatory (SOHO) web pate? It’s at sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/

It’s got lots of neat stuff about our star.

Yes, when I start getting conceited, that quote is one of the ones I remind myself of.

God loves you,
Don

I’m still trying to grasp an explanation of why if Andromeda Galaxy, the closest galaxy to our Milky way, is 2.1 billion light years away, how can the expanding universe consisting of well over 100 billion galaxies, is only 15 billion years in existence.

You bring up another interesting topic, though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.