Valid eucharistic consecration?

I was wondering the way a priest in my city says Mass is valid. At the consecration, he says “…took the bread, gave it to all” and the same thing at the consecration of the PB. He uses the word “all” instead of disciples; does that make the consecration invalid? I don’t normally go to that church, but I noticed it last time I was there and wondered about it- I know if things are not done exactly, it can affect the validity.
FYI this is the same place that uses wine glasses instead of chalices, which really bugs me and I think I ought to say something, but I need to do so with charity, so I’d appreciate any suggestions about ways to broach that topic without being accusatory:p

It is very disheartening when priests take it upon themselves to change the texts, for whatever reason, especially when it is done so near the consecration.

As far as I can tell from what you say, the Mass is still valid, but that being said, meddling with words so near the consecration is a very serious matter.

The chalice is always a metal cup, preferably the inside of the chalice must be either made of gold or it must be gold-plated. It holds the wine that will become the Blood of Christ thus it has to be made of material that’s clean, durable and also dignified. Using a wine glass in very unusual and there is no reason to do so if a chalice is available which it is for every parish. If priest is not serious in following the tradition of the mass and what is right, God knows what he will do next with the mass.

Such priest should be brought to the attention of his local Bishop and parishioners should rightly be scandalized by his trivializing the Holy Mass.

Ask the pastor’s opinion about INSTRUCTION Redemptionis Sacramentum On certain matters to be observed or to be avoided regarding the Most Holy Eucharist

[5.] The observance of the norms published by the authority of the Church requires conformity of thought and of word, of external action and of the application of the heart.

[117.] Sacred vessels for containing the Body and Blood of the Lord must be made in strict conformity with the norms of tradition and of the liturgical books.The Bishops’ Conferences have the faculty to decide whether it is appropriate, once their decisions have been given the recognitio by the Apostolic See, for sacred vessels to be made of other solid materials as well. It is strictly required, however, that such materials be truly noble in the common estimation within a given region,so that honour will be given to the Lord by their use, and all risk of diminishing the doctrine of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharistic species in the eyes of the faithful will be avoided. Reprobated, therefore, is any practice of using for the celebration of Mass common vessels, or others lacking in quality, or devoid of all artistic merit or which are mere containers, as also other vessels made from glass, earthenware, clay, or other materials that break easily. This norm is to be applied even as regards metals and other materials that easily rust or deteriorate.

vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/ccdds/documents/rc_con_ccdds_doc_20040423_redemptionis-sacramentum_en.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.