Valid reason for missing Mass???

This Sunday I was unable to attend Mass. My fiancee’ is originally from Germany (she relocated here when she was 17 with her mother and military step-father). Her grandmother is here from Germany and was visiting us yesterday, making it very difficult for me to leave. I, however, feel guilty for missing the Mass. Is it acceptable to attend during the week when you miss Sunday’s Mass?

Just go to confession next week to be safe if it’s bothering you that much. Although I don’t think you did anything wrong.

I would have gone for a confession if I were you! :thumbsup:

Confession is Saturday and I plan on being there, but, I wanted input before then. I didn’t want to go and beg at my Priest’s feet for a mid-week confession.

[quote=ChristopherMich]This Sunday I was unable to attend Mass. My fiancee’ is originally from Germany (she relocated here when she was 17 with her mother and military step-father). Her grandmother is here from Germany and was visiting us yesterday, making it very difficult for me to leave. I, however, feel guilty for missing the Mass. Is it acceptable to attend during the week when you miss Sunday’s Mass?
[/quote]

Yes, it is possible and you should do that. However, if it were me, I would still go to confession, because your missing Mass was a decision to do so rather than being an excusable reason such as being in the hospital, or located somewhere where there was no place to attend a Mass.
God bless.

[quote=ChristopherMich]Confession is Saturday and I plan on being there, but, I wanted input before then. I didn’t want to go and beg at my Priest’s feet for a mid-week confession.
[/quote]

You don’t have to beg. There is nothing wrong with scheduling a mid-week appointment with a priest so that he can hear your confession.
God bless.

you can always go to a daily mass sometime this week. i’ve done that before when i didnt get to mass on sunday.

If it bugs you as much as it sounds it does, I would ask the priest for a quick confession during the week. Nothing wrong with that.
:blessyou:

[quote=ChristopherMich]Confession is Saturday and I plan on being there, but, I wanted input before then. I didn’t want to go and beg at my Priest’s feet for a mid-week confession.
[/quote]

Check some of the other churches in your diocese. One of them may have schedule reconciliation on Wednesday or maybe even every day. There’s a church here that has reconciliation every weekday from 11:30-12:00.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.