Valliere: Barack Obama, One-Term President?

For the first time since Barack Obama’s inauguration 16 months ago, we’re beginning to think there’s a reasonable chance he’ll be just a one-term president. Even though the economy is enjoying a modest recovery, there are three compelling factors that are making us think Obama is in serious trouble in 2012: He has a tin ear: The Gulf oil spill disaster has highlighted a major Obama flaw – he doesn’t do empathy very well. Cerebral and aloof, Obama spent over an hour in a recent press conference (his first one in 10 months) describing the Gulf crisis in clinical terms, before he discussed his daughter’s plea to cap the well. Bill Clinton could empathize better than any recent president; he felt your pain 24/7. It’s a skill set Obama simply doesn’t have. The press has turned: The Electoral College map has shifted dramatically: This means several other states could make the difference: cnbc.com/id/37490678/ Let’s hope so.

too bad it can’t be half a term! :smiley:

it would soon be over and we could get someone competent in office.

[quote="MugenOne, post:1, topic:200650"]
For the first time since Barack Obama’s inauguration 16 months ago, we’re beginning to think there’s a reasonable chance he’ll be just a one-term president. Even though the economy is enjoying a modest recovery, there are three compelling factors that are making us think Obama is in serious trouble in 2012: He has a tin ear: The Gulf oil spill disaster has highlighted a major Obama flaw – he doesn’t do empathy very well. Cerebral and aloof, Obama spent over an hour in a recent press conference (his first one in 10 months) describing the Gulf crisis in clinical terms, before he discussed his daughter’s plea to cap the well. Bill Clinton could empathize better than any recent president; he felt your pain 24/7. It’s a skill set Obama simply doesn’t have. The press has turned: The Electoral College map has shifted dramatically: This means several other states could make the difference: cnbc.com/id/37490678/ Let's hope so.

[/quote]

I hope so. I get to vote for the first time next election, and i don't want my first time voting to result in an Obama second term.

It's hard to say. Many people, including myself, didn't believe he'd even get the nomination but he did and he won to boot. It's far too early for this kind of speculation. Anything can happen in two years time.

wow, your first time to vote! that is exciting! :thumbsup:

hope there will be some good candidates opposing obama for you to choose from. :slight_smile:

Hopefully the next time around people will realize a little experience is required for the job At any rate we have over 2 more years to endure his ineptness.

I have a feeling Obama won’t go quietly. He’ll have some tricks up his sleeve to try to put himself at an advantage when it comes to election time.
We all need to pray for better leadership for our nation!

[quote="livnlern, post:7, topic:200650"]
I have a feeling Obama won't go quietly. He'll have some tricks up his sleeve to try to put himself at an advantage when it comes to election time.
We all need to pray for better leadership for our nation!

[/quote]

:thumbsup: yes, we need to pray for competent leadership.

honestly, i don’t know how i will endure it.

it is like watching a 3 year old walk across the room with a full glass of milk - hoping he doesn’t slip and watching as milk sloshes out the sides of the glass. you are expecting to see the glass slip out of his hands and a real mess to clean up!

:eek: I’m afraid the milk has already spilled. And holy moley do we ever have a mess to clean up!!!

He is a one term President.

The polls I have seen from Ohio, and Florida.. the states that the candidate HAS to win.. Obama is down.

The states he converted in 08.. wont be there again for him.. My state of Indiana is definately one of them.

Jimmy Carter part 2.

As Harold Macmillan said, “Events, my dear boy, events”. Without them, beating an incumbent President would be easy. That being said, I am concentrating on removing Mrs. Pelosi from her perch in November. She’s had one too many plane trips on the USAF’s dime. It’s time to take coach.

I pray every day for God's intervention that Americans will wake up and the current administration will be recycled and replaced. Lord have mercy, God bless America.

Please pray!!

[quote="Ocean52680, post:12, topic:200650"]
As Harold Macmillan said, "Events, my dear boy, events". Without them, beating an incumbent President would be easy. That being said, I am concentrating on removing Mrs. Pelosi from her perch in November. She's had one too many plane trips on the USAF's dime. It's time to take coach.

[/quote]

i hope it will be successful in removing nancy pelosi from her perch! she definitely has taken advantage of the plane trips.

I seriously doubt he will be a one term president. You have to really foul things up to be a one term president in this day and age. Add to it that he is the first black president and that the Republican Party is still trying to find an identity that the country will buy and you have all the makings for a 2 term president.

he still has over two years left to foul things up more than they are now. i am still holding out hope. :rolleyes:

[quote="gilliam, post:15, topic:200650"]
I seriously doubt he will be a one term president. You have to really foul things up to be a one term president in this day and age. Add to it that he is the first black president and that the Republican Party is still trying to find an identity that the country will buy and you have all the makings for a 2 term president.

[/quote]

I certainly hope so. Not betting the farm on it, but fairly confident that the next GOP opportunity will be in 2016.

[quote="Ocean52680, post:12, topic:200650"]
As Harold Macmillan said, "Events, my dear boy, events". Without them, beating an incumbent President would be easy. That being said, I am concentrating on removing Mrs. Pelosi from her perch in November. She's had one too many plane trips on the USAF's dime. It's time to take coach.

[/quote]

President Bush issued an order to the House Seargant at Arms in 2001 that from that point forward the Speaker of the House was to be provided with a military aircraft for travel. It was the House Seargant at Arms, following a direct order from the President, which requested a C-32; not Nancy Pelosi. In fact, according to the Air Force, she's only even used a C-32 on one occassion; when the aircraft she normally uses (a C20-B) was unavailable.

Ah the mantra of the Left-“Its Bush’s Fault”

[quote="estesbob, post:19, topic:200650"]
Ah the mantra of the Left-"Its Bush's Fault"

[/quote]

What I posted is the truth whether you like it or not. And using the word "fault" suggests that there was/is something wrong about Bush's order; there isn't.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.