Value of prayer

I seem to recall that at one time in my life I was taught that a saint revealed she would relive her entire life over again if she could sayone more prayer. Is there any truth to this story?

I think it is more like a nun who would give her life just to be able to pray one more Hail Mary.

“Appearing to one of the sisters of her community shortly after her death, St Teresa of Avila told the sister that she would be willing to return to a life of suffering on earth until the end of time if thereby she could merit that degree of glory with which God rewards one devoutly recited “Hail Mary.””

I couldn’t get through the day without prayer, particularly the rosary – I carry it with me at all times and the first decade I say with my first cup of coffee – the other decades I say walking to public trnsportation – walking to Mass – and the last decade I say before I turn out the light at night. I pray for my children, my grandchildren --my great-grandchildren – my friends, etc., etc. Prayer makes my day!!

I believe that USMC has identified the story I was taught as a young adult. Thank you so very much and bless you all .

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.