Van der Sloot a Dead Man, Says Ex-Con

Larry Levine, who has experience living behind prison walls, says Joran van der Sloot's days are numbered in a Lima, Peru prison. (CBS)

Young Dutchman long suspected in Natalee Holloway case being sought in killing of Peruvian woman.

Joran van der Sloot is a goner.

So says prison expert and ex-con Larry Levine, founder of Wall Street Prison Consultants.

On "The Early Show on Saturday Morning," Levine said van der Sloot will never last in prison in Peru, where he's being held for the May 30 slaying of 21-year-old business student Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room.

The Dutchman is also still the chief suspect in the 2005 disappearance in Aruba of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

And, says Levine, he probably doesn't have much time left.

Van der Sloot Tried to Create Alibi, Sources Say
Grisly van der Sloot Hotel Room Photos Surface
Inside Notorious Prisons van der Sloot Faces

Asked by co-anchor Chris Wragge what advice he'd give van der Sloot, Levine said, "I'd tell him, 'You're not gonna make it,' that 'What you need to do is pray, because someone's gonna kill ya, and just enjoy the rest of the time you have left on Earth.'

"You know, that's a dangerous place. ... You've got murderers there, terrorists there - you've got bad people. And the problem he's facing is that the father of Stephany (Flores) ... is a prominent person. And this is an impoverished prison. And you pay off the right people, ya know, someone will stick a knife right in the guy.

"They'll be lining up to kill him. He has no hope. He has no chance

cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/19/earlyshow/saturday/main6597757.shtml?tag=latest

Please God,have nercy on this man and bring him to sincere repentance.

I watched a you tube video on this prison.. its HORRIBLE.

There are 10k prisoners and only 100 guards so the guards only patrol the outside.

The inside is a free for all. With elder gangs running the place.

There are huge piles of garbage that inmates with no allies have to go through for food.

I think he will be dead with in a week in that place.

This is such a sad story.. 3 young lives lost.

[quote="Stjudeprayforus, post:2, topic:202512"]
I watched a you tube video on this prison.. its HORRIBLE.

There are 10k prisoners and only 100 guards so the guards only patrol the outside.

The inside is a free for all. With elder gangs running the place.

There are huge piles of garbage that inmates with no allies have to go through for food.

I think he will be dead with in a week in that place.

This is such a sad story.. 3 young lives lost.

[/quote]

Chilling indeed. Somehow I bet that Guantanamo Bay is like a country club compared to this, although you would never know it to listen to some people!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.