Vandals tear down pro-life posters and attack Australian campaigner

A pro-life campaigner in Australia was assaulted with rocks and a waste bin after he recorded people taking down pro-life election posters. He suffered a possible broken arm in the attack, which caused pro-life candidate Trevor Grace to voice concern about the well-being of his supporters.

Grace is an independent with the Save the Unborn party running for the Upper House of South Australia.

One of his supporters, an election volunteer in Adelaide, filmed youths jumping up to a campaign poster high on a telephone pole and ripping it down.

The poster in question showed a 3-D sonogram of an unborn child with X-shaped lines drawn over it. It is captioned “Save the Unborn,” encouraging a vote for Grace and publicizing the web address of the campaign, abortSA.com.

The election volunteer’s video, posted on the site of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), then shows one of the youths throwing rocks and a large waste bin at the cameraman while shouting.

Responding to the attack, Grace reported that his party has received a string of threats during the South Australian election campaign.

"We've had phone calls, we've had death threats, you know particularly on Facebook, we've been intimidated again and again when we put up posters," he told ABC.

"There's also been people coming up to my place, my driveway, stalking me and also tearing up, vandalizing posters."

Read more here: catholicnewsagency.com/news/vandals_tear_down_pro-life_posters_and_attack_australian_campaigner/

What do you expect from abortionists like atheists and agnostics.

Nothing but trouble makers.

[quote="lemonbeam, post:1, topic:191364"]
Read more here: catholicnewsagency.com/news/vandals_tear_down_pro-life_posters_and_attack_australian_campaigner/

[/quote]

To me that is shocking taking away or interferring with a persons right to campaign for the right to life.They should been be found and punished by the law.:(:eek: Carlan

That sounds about right.

You can't argue with facts, so the next immature thing to do is to rip down posters, attack people, and throw temper tantrums like a 2 year old. And people say pro-lifers aren't rational. :mad:

The anger reveals so much pain.

Praised be Jesus Christ that our man was gloriously wounded in battle against the devil's foot soldiers. We should all be so fortunate as to shed our blood for Jesus Christ.

:thumbsup:You got it Pontiac

Personal persecution and possible martyrdom is coming in this war between good and evil.We should guird our loins for this probability .The Church and the Truth needs the blood of Martyrs.Don’t be surprised when Benedict is assassinated.

Thanks for that, Soutane. That cheered me up immensely.

[note: sarcasm]

Things may be coming to a head, however. There's an unholy combination of:

1. Economic decay in the West;

2. Public immorality, from the highest to the lowest ranks;

3. An inversion of traditional values (paganism good, Christianity bad);

4. Lawbreaking by leaders as well as the hoi-polloi;

5. An unthinking mania for narcissistic self-expression (political correctness) with its critics damned as 'morons' and 'bigoted';

6. Individualisation of religious practice, which is a contradiction (the New Mass itself being modified all the time);

7. Clerical scandals;

8. Increasing extremes of weather, affecting food production;

9. Economic crashes (the current one could be a 'last hurrah' for the West, as it affects the root of our system, the banks).

A good example is Ireland. Three bad summers on the trot, recent foul winter, clerical scandals, political scandals, economic crash and liberalisation of religious practice.

Why sarcasm?With all the heat he’s taking lately don’t be surprised if some religious or secularist idealogue attempts to assassinate him,JUST LIKE THE LAST POPE.You make it sound as if I can hardly wait.If I’m being unfair I apologise but that’s the way I take it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.