Variety of knights, canonical status

We have the Knights of Columbus, the Knights of Peter Claver, the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre, the Knights of the Holy Eucharist, and I see several other organizations of knights from outside the US on this list of the International Alliance of Catholic Knights.

[LIST=1]
*]Are there any other notable knights groups in the US that I omitted?
*]Do all these groups have the same canonical status?
[/LIST]

1. Yes, Order of Pius IX, Order of St Gregory the Great and the Order of St Sylvester Pope and Martyr, Sovereign Military Order of Malta and the Teutonic Knights. These are all Papal Knights, the final two (along with Knights of the Holy Sepulchre) the Pope himself is the head of the order, making them official Knights of the Holy See, while the first three are orders of Papal Knights, I can’t remember whether or not the Pope is the head of the order

2. No, the Knights of St Columba, the Knights of St Columbus are all fraternal and charity organisations, and you can apply to join them, whereas the Papal Knights are only done by appointment and election by the Ordinary and the Holy See, you can see the Papal Knights in procession with the Ordinary of your diocese at major events in the liturgical year (Easter, Christmas, Holy Week etc).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.