Various Important Questions

I have a number of questions regarding religion and its apparent absence in primitive humanity. (coming from a theistic evolutionists persepctive).
a) Why didn’t God reveal to us immediately religion?
b) Why did pagan religions come before Judaism?
c) Why has religion been existant for such a narrow gap in the earths 6 billion years?

and on another note…

d) How can the Catholic chuch say that the Orthodox church schismed- couldn’t it have been us who schismed (don’t know if that can actually be used as a verb).

Which Church is headed by the successor to the Apostle Peter? That’s the Church which Jesus called “My Church” ("…on this rock I will build My Church.")

:confused: He did.

b) Why did pagan religions come before Judaism?

There was knowledge of God from Adam until the Tower of Babel. When the languages were confused, so was the knowledge of God, and the pagan religions began to be formed from the half-remembered ideas about God that had been fully known before, but were lost at that time.

c) Why has religion been existant for such a narrow gap in the earths 6 billion years?

:confused: If human beings have been around for 6 billion years, then so has religion.

d) How can the Catholic chuch say that the Orthodox church schismed- couldn’t it have been us who schismed (don’t know if that can actually be used as a verb).

Matthew 16:18-19 and John 21:15-19 - because Jesus set Peter up as the leader of the Church - no one else. Rome is the See of Peter. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.