Vatican Cardinal to Americans: ‘In Your Nation, God Is Being Eroded, Eclipsed, Liquidated’

cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/african-cardinal-american-catholics-your-nation-god-being-eroded

“In your nation, God is being eroded, eclipsed, liquidated,” Cardinal Robert Sarah, who was appointed as Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments by Pope Francis in 2014, told hundreds of prominent Catholic clergy and lay people attending the 12th annual National Catholic Prayer Breakfast Tuesday in Washington.

"This is why the devil is so intent on destroying the family. If the family is destroyed, we lose our God-given anthropological foundations, and so find it more difficult to welcome the saving good news of Jesus Christ: self-giving, fruitful love.”

He could have added, “. . . at the instigation of your own government and with the complete cooperation of many of your politicians, public figures, and even religious leaders.”

:frowning:

I don’t think he has to worry, “the family” won’t be destroyed. In fact, the new kinds of “family” we have now will further bolster and only add to the strength of the family unit and dynamic moving forward.

Hmm, interesting! Are he and Pope Francis doing a “good cop, bad cop” routine? Sound psychology. :smiley:

I would love for this guy to be the next Pope.

:thumbsup: :smiley:

Just like how divorce made for stronger families, by getting rid of weak unions and allowing for people to form newer stronger and better unions.

As we all know, that has had 0 ill effects and studies have shown the children of divorce and remarriage do better statistically. If only we could all be so lucky.

Well the Cardinal is right, but he should include the entire world, including Africa and the Middle East where radical Islam is committing horrific acts which are demonic in themselves.

Jim

Cardinal Robert Sarah issued a dramatic warning against the breakdown of morality in a May 17 address to the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast in Washington, DC. "In …

More…

True, but I think his point is that America is a country that used to have a strong Christian culture, and that rejecting it can have dire consequences. Islam is an entirely different kettle of fish. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or he could have added, just like God has already been liquidated in Europe. The US is still a veritable religious wonderland, particularly for Christianity, when compared to Europe.

He did.

I’m sure the good Cardinal is very familiar with the issues facing Catholics and Christians in Africa.

That is true; four years of living in Britain showed me that there was a marked difference, even 30 years ago.

He has done so in previous speeches. For example, his presentation during the Synod on the Family (held last autumn)

[quote=Edward Pentin, National Catholic Register]In his synod intervention given last week, Cardinal Robert Sarah said the idolatry of Western freedom and Islamic fundamentalism are “almost like two apocalyptic beasts” and similar to Nazism and Communism.

“From these two radicalizations arise the two major threats to the family: its subjectivist disintegration in the secularized West through quick and easy divorce, abortion, homosexual unions, euthanasia et cetera,” Cardinal Sarah said, and cited as examples gender theory, the ‘Femen’ radical feminist group, the LGBT lobby, and the International Planned Parenthood Federation.

“On the other hand,” he said, there is the “pseudo-family of ideologized Islam which legitimizes polygamy, female subservience, sexual slavery, child marriage." He said he was referring to Al Qaeda, Isis, Boko Haram and other similar groups.

The West African cardinal said “several clues” allow one to intuit the very “demonic origin” of these two movements.

Unlike the Spirit of Truth that promotes communion, he said “these encourage confusion” and demand a “universal and totalitarian rule.” They are “violently intolerant, destroyers of families, society and the Church, and are openly Christianophobic,” he said
[/quote]

ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/cardinal-sarahs-intervention-isis-and-gender-ideology-are-like-apocalyptic-

:thumbsup:

Are you being sarcastic. Elliot Rodger’s parents divorced and look what happened to him.

“Liquidated.” What an interesting word choice.

The Church’s challenge today is to “fight with courage and hope… and not be afraid to raise her voice to denounce the hypocrites, manipulators and the false prophets” who would lead the faithful astray.

This guy understands “mission.” He’s speaking a language I understand.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/resist-ideological-colonization-cardinal-sarah-urges-at-prayer-breakfast-68951/

The greatest challenges, however, he said, are the challenges facing the family. Quoting Pope Francis, Cardinal Sarah reminded the crowd that proposing less than what the Church teaches on marriage proposes less than what Christ offers the human person.

That is very true. The US is bound and determined to follow Europe into the social sewer. The sad thing is it is many Christians in the US that are pulling the lever and pumping the plunger to get us there.

I agree. Cardinal Sarah’s words resonate in such a perilous time for the Church and the West. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.