Vatican gives SSPX until Friday to accept agreement [CNAU]

Feb 19, '13 6:00 am
The Holy See has asked the Society of St Pius X (SSPX) to accept the agreement proposed by Rome by Friday, February 22, the day the Church celebrates the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter, so before Benedict XVI resignation comes into effect, reports Vatican Insider.http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cathnews/RSS/~4/27QI7J7at14

More…

Published: February 19, 2013

http://www.cathnews.com/uploads/images/2012/12/0412muller-l.jpgThe  Holy See has asked the Society of St Pius X (SSPX) to accept the  agreement proposed by Rome by Friday, February 22, the day the Church  celebrates the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter, so before Benedict XVI  resignation comes into effect, reports *Vatican Insider*.

Following the “personal” and highly spiritual letter sent by US archbishop Augustin Di Noia, to the Lefebvrians last December, a new letter dated January 8 has reached the SSPX’s Superior, Bishop Bernard Fellay.

It would not be correct to call it an ultimatum as such but the document signed by the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and President of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”, Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller (pictured), imposes a deadline on the Lefebvrians for the first time. A particularly dramatic move in light of Benedict XVI’s shock resignation.

The existence of the letter was confirmed by the abbot Claude Barthe, a careful observer of relations between Rome and the traditionalists, in an interview with *Présent *on February 16: “Everyone knows by now that the “Ecclesia Dei” Commission sent a letter to Bishop Fellay on January 8 and that he is expected to reply by February 22, the day of the Feast of the Chair of Peter.
FULL STORY SSPX: the last train (Vatican Insider)

This s a news-maker…

As gross as flies are, sometimes I wish I were one on someone’s wall. :smiley:

Going once…

…going twice…

Darn, I Missed it by an hour… :smiley:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=756585

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.