Vatican Guide for Mass?

I read several months ago that the Vatican was preparing a guide for priests to help celebrate Mass better. I was wondering if this was still in the works and if anyone had heard anything more about it? The Cardinal said that he hoped it would come out by this summer.

zenit.org/en/articles/vatican-preparing-a-manual-to-help-priests-celebrate-mass

I never heard of this before and I just found out about it.. But this is totally great for priests to celebrate the Mass more reverently.. :)

It's not summer yet. They still have till September 21. ;)

It has not been released yet. If you keep an eye on the Vatican News site, it will undoubtedly be posted there whenever it is released.

Often with these things, it can take longer than expected. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the release window pushed back. But I have no reason to believe they stopped work on the project.

I try not to spend too much time anticipating when it will arrive. I'll just let it be a happy surprise one day. :)

[quote="Joe_5859, post:3, topic:329371"]
I try not to spend too much time anticipating when it will arrive. I'll just let it be a happy surprise one day. :)

[/quote]

Indeed!

I had read about this via the same Zenit article but have not heard anything more since. As sacristan to a demanding pastor for whom the beauty and reverence of the liturgy is essential, I’m really looking forward to its publication. Whenever that might be—like Joe, I don’t spend my time anticipating its arrival. My pastor probably doesn’t need it, but he’s not the only priest in the parish. And that’s all I’m going to say about that. :whistle:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.