Vatican media consultant under fire for plagiarism

Very troubling. Not only because Rosica is a spokesman for the Vatican but because he is president of a Catholic Media Outlet.

1 Like

This does not surprise me at all. Since Pope Francis was elected, Fr. Rosica has essentially been acting as a mouthpiece for the more progressive members of the Church today. It appears he has simply been recycling the talking points of the most prominent members of this group. Though, my guess is that this will be overlooked and he will not face any consequences, even though plagiarism is typically a career-destroyer in journalism or any academic field.

2 Likes

The University of St. Michael’s College, on whose governing body Rosica sits and which gave him several honorary doctorates, has raised concerns about his plagiarism accusations and indicated they are going to investigate them (and strongly implied they will take action against him if the accusations are deemed credible).

Thanks for the info. I was mainly referring to his official position at the Vatican but maybe if there’s enough pressure from outside entities perhaps some action will be taken. I’m still skeptical, but stranger things have happened.

1 Like

So it looks like he’s blaming his interns:

1 Like

He is a coward for refusing to own up to his own mistakes. Plagiarism of so many commentaries over so many years cannot simply be blamed on interns.

1 Like

Plagiarism can also be ignored as in the case of Martin Luther King who plagirized parts of his doctoral thesis- Boston University let it stand though they would not tolerate like behavior from any of their students now…

1 Like

What’s the big deal? If you can lie in mathematics…2+2=5…then why not in literature?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.