VATICAN - Pope: Jesus builds the Church, which we must enter, not linger on the threshold [AN]

When he chose the apostles, they were “all sinners”, but Jesus did not look at their sin, but their heart. " We cannot understand the Church without Jesus who prays and heals. May the Holy Spirit help us understand that this Church has its strength is in Jesus’s prayer that can heal us all ". We are citizens of this Church. “If we do not enter this temple, if we are not part of this construction so the Holy Spirit dwells within us, we are not in the Church.”

More…

Today, Oct 28,is the feast of Saints Simon and Jude, Apostles. I thought, “How lucky! They were apostles and knew Jesus personally, on earth!”

But oh, how scary. All the apostles but John became MARTYRS. Gaaaaak!

Jesus forgave all his apostles when they ran away. He even forgave Thomas! Thomas is probably my favourite, because even today, a lot of people think of him only as a schlemiel. Yet he went to India and witnessed for the Lord, and left behind a whole community of Christians which exists right till today. (And probably takes a lot of guff, if not downright hostility, from other, majority sects.)

And yes, he died a martyr.

Maybe people pause at the “threshold of the church” because they sense it may require some sort of sacrifice. And it will. But if we on the inside can sense their hesitancy and help them come in, well, that’s what the Lord wants us to do. That will take a gentle sort of evangelization. Hmmm…

P.S. I forgot to add St. Jude is the patron of hopeless causes. My husband got a kidney transplant one DAY after praying to St. Jude. Wow! I only know two people who got a miracle thru a saint’s intercession, and this was one of them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.