Vatican report on the Inquisition

Does anyone know if the 2004 Vatican report on the Inquisition is online somewhere? Or, has it been published in English? (It’d be huge–about 800 pages). I’d love to have it for regular reasons, but right now I’m beginning a debate with a whiny guy who can’t think beyond the conventional wisdom on the subject.

Also, does anyone have any solid links to good Inquisition sources? I’m assuming CA has a good write-up or two, and I’ll check it out now.

Thanks,
MM

[quote=montanaman]Does anyone know if the 2004 Vatican report on the Inquisition is online somewhere? Or, has it been published in English? (It’d be huge–about 800 pages). I’d love to have it for regular reasons, but right now I’m beginning a debate with a whiny guy who can’t think beyond the conventional wisdom on the subject.

Also, does anyone have any solid links to good Inquisition sources? I’m assuming CA has a good write-up or two, and I’ll check it out now.

Thanks,
MM
[/quote]

Hi Montanaman,
Sorry I can’t help you on the Inquision, but I like the handle you found for “The whiny guy” :smiley:

seems every ex-catholic I debate with is …“a whiny guy”,
and they usually want to put me into …“an inquisition of their own”,
about "The Inquisition " !

Thanks.

from now on I will watch for that “handle” and use it
… with love, and as the Spirit leads, of course.

:smiley:
God Bless

gusano

[quote=montanaman]Does anyone know if the 2004 Vatican report on the Inquisition is online somewhere? Or, has it been published in English? (It’d be huge–about 800 pages). I’d love to have it for regular reasons, but right now I’m beginning a debate with a whiny guy who can’t think beyond the conventional wisdom on the subject.

Thanks,
MM
[/quote]

Just finsihed a post on it yesterday MM. Here ya go. LINK
Pax tecum,

[quote=Church Militant]Just finsihed a post on it yesterday MM. Here ya go. LINK
Pax tecum,
[/quote]

Danke. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
MM
[/quote]

James Patrick Holding-- a good Protestant apologist-- has an article up on the Spanish Inquisition that you might want to check out.

Here is a BBC News story on the Vatican report.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.