Vatican should act on gay sex claims, says Cardinal Pell [CNAU]

Feb 24, '13 6:00 am
Cardinal George Pell has called on the Vatican press office to respond “in some constructive way” to reports of an internal investigation by three senior cardinals that told Pope Benedict XVI about an insidious web of blackmail, corruption and homosexual sex inside the Vatican, reports The Australian.http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cathnews/RSS/~4/pTo7CRjpB4Y

More…

cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=35119

The entire purpose of that article seems to be to say that Cardinal Pell said that he basically has no idea about the report, what’s in it, or if it’s accurate; but that it’s good Pope Benedict commissioned it, assuming he did…

That was basically a worthless article…

I read this article when it was first put up, well, it says CathNews (Catholic News)…

Looks like this article comes out of New Zealand or Australia, looks like Cardinal Pell is from Australia. I did not find much to comment on about this article but I think to ascribe negative words to it is going a bit overboard.

http://www.dbb.org.au/parishes/hornsby/SiteCollectionImages/Hornsbyparish.png

This is a nice looking church, a bit humble looking for what we consider Cathedrals.

Bless All!

Edit On: Looks like these threads got merged.

I would hardly call it a worthless article.

According to Cardinal Pell there is report that was commissioned by Pope Benedict.

The report seemingly justifies needed reforms within the Vatican.

Cardinal Pell commends Pope Benedict for commissioning the report.

The three Cardinals who did the investigation will not be participating in the conclave as they are all over the age of 80…(a very prudent decision by Pope Benedict as if he was considering resignation, and the implications of a report if it had been done by Cardinals who were eligible to vote).

**I know nothing of the content of the report but whatever it contains it is clear that significant reforms are needed within the Vatican bureaucracy."

He praised Benedict for his “courage for commissioning such a report”.**

We know the Vatican bank needs reforming, and that the ‘vatileaks’ have something to do with this issue. Regardless, no one will know exactly what was investigated and why.

abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/02/results-of-vatileaks-probe-for-popes-eyes-only/

They’re hideous.

Sorry :o

These intrigues are beginning to take on the sweep and hue of one of the late author Malachi Martin’s novels. The real and the unreal are intertwining in ways that seem to be obscuring truth…and that is very frightening and disturbing in circumstances such as these.

It seems that until a new pontif is elected , there will exist an authoritative void that will permit rumor and inuendo to spread unchecked. Let us pray that the new Pope will be a direct person who speaks with a strong , clear voice.

Our Church at this time could use our own version of Mahatma Gandhi ; a traditionalist with the gift of communicating to the modern world , in all of its chaotic complexity. Truth needs to be strongly spoken , regardless if it is accepted , or not.

Pope John Paul II was a pivotal figure. That time in the church, Communism was fought, I think every age has its challenges, nowadays, we and the Church are challenged by materialism and other isms.

Personally, I think these buildings show that Catholicism could be rather young in Australia and Asia. That’s the way it seems to me. At the least, they did not have the Spaniards building Missions there. I would need to see more, especially of the 2nd Church.

All that said, they look like the modern Catholic Churches I see in many places in America as well.

Agreed…almost like “Windswept House”. What we need is transparency with regard to those who hold unto the money purse…too much of a temptation in betraying our Lord Jesus Christ.

Your comment about an ‘authoritative void’ during this time does open up the real possibility of behind-the-scenes intrigue and counter-intrigue.

God’s peace

micah

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.