Vatican Wars Is Live! Will Players Elect a Pope Who Supports Abortion & Same Sex Marriage?

Vatican Wars Is Live! Will Players Elect a Pope Who Supports Abortion & Same Sex Marriage?
KAHULUI, Hawaii--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SGR Games, LLC (“SGR”) today announced the launch of Vatican Wars ( vaticanwars.com ), a revolutionary social game that exists at the intersection of religion, politics and social issues. Players are divided into two teams based on their opinions on topics including abortion, same sex marriage, the ordination of women and the use of birth control. Each team then works to ensure that a player from the other team is not elected Pope.

“We did extensive surveying of Catholics before launching the game and were surprised to find that 80% of Catholics surveyed supported creating a game where they could debate these topics,” said Cheyenne Ehrlich, Founder of SGR Games, LLC. “It will be interesting to see if that’s because they want to elect a liberal Pope or because they want to prove that Catholics are unified and conservative on these issues.”
:confused:

[quote="1holycatholic, post:1, topic:244434"]
...:confused:

[/quote]

A better name for the game would be the "Great Schism 21 st Century" or the "Anti-Pope Game". :rolleyes:

a revolutionary social game

[/quote]

There's nothing revolutionary about it. It's just another 'game' that relies makes you click buttons to get worthless 'rewards', while encouraging you to spam your friends. Admittedly this is the first Catholic-themed web game I've seen, but it's just a very poor rehash of what other people were doing two years ago. The interface is terrible, and to get the best 'rewards' you are encouraged to hand over your real-world ca$h via PayPal.

There is no "debating" of any kind – just statistical battle between players based on your in-game stats.

And as for the idea that the Church is a democracy, with her immutable teachings to be changed at whim ... even that part shows very poor adaptation to Catholicism. For example, it equates celibate priests with right to life of the unborn.

Hi to all,

Talk about a pointless and stupid way to waste your time! Makes Farmville look good by comparison.

God Bless,
Joan

KAHULUI, Hawaii--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SGR Games, LLC (“SGR”) today announced the launch of Vatican Wars ( vaticanwars.com ), a revolutionary social game that exists at the intersection of religion, politics and social issues. Players are divided into two teams based on their opinions on topics including abortion, same sex marriage, the ordination of women and the use of birth control. Each team then works to ensure that a player from the other team is not elected Pope.

“We did extensive surveying of Catholics before launching the game and were surprised to find that 80% of Catholics surveyed supported creating a game where they could debate these topics,” said Cheyenne Ehrlich, Founder of SGR Games, LLC. “It will be interesting to see if that’s because they want to elect a liberal Pope or because they want to prove that Catholics are unified and conservative on these issues.”
:confused:

[/quote]

they may

but who cares if they do, its a game.

Its simple - "liberals" are going to win, because faithful Catholics will overwhelmingly not bother with this nonsense.

[quote="Vincent1984, post:3, topic:244434"]
There's nothing revolutionary about it. It's just another 'game' that relies makes you click buttons to get worthless 'rewards', while encouraging you to spam your friends. Admittedly this is the first Catholic-themed web game I've seen, but it's just a very poor rehash of what other people were doing two years ago. The interface is terrible, and to get the best 'rewards' you are encouraged to hand over your real-world ca$h via PayPal.

There is no "debating" of any kind – just statistical battle between players based on your in-game stats.

And as for the idea that the Church is a democracy, with her immutable teachings to be changed at whim ... even that part shows very poor adaptation to Catholicism. For example, it equates celibate priests with right to life of the unborn.

[/quote]

This.

For those of you who have played or seen Mafia Wars, it's exactly like that, except with Church jargon replacing Mafioso jargon.

[quote="runningdude, post:6, topic:244434"]
Its simple - "liberals" are going to win, because faithful Catholics will overwhelmingly not bother with this nonsense.

[/quote]

just to let you know the group who would support Catholic Teachings as it is leads 74% to 26% :D

yes I'm playing it :rotfl:

[quote="catholictiger, post:8, topic:244434"]
just to let you know the group who would support Catholic Teachings as it is leads 74% to 26% :D

yes I'm playing it :rotfl:

[/quote]

Well I just started :D

Wow. I guess these people don't understand what the Catholic Church is... teachings cannot be changed, even if the people did "vote" to decide abortion and same sex marriage are good/acceptable.

[quote="Vincent1984, post:3, topic:244434"]
dmittedly this is the first Catholic-themed web game I've seen, but it's just a very poor rehash of what other people were doing two years ago. .

[/quote]

A year ago we had a thread about a Facebook game called PriestVille. I never played it and am not even sure if it is still around. Moreover, it is/was made by the same company that is behind Vatican Wars, so it may be an inane waste of time. :shrug:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=484535

I think the game was supposed to sort of simulate the running of a parish.

A post on the ealier thread about PriestVille sums up my thoughts entirely about this lame excuse for a 'game'.

I didn't realize the Church was a democracy. I then make a motion that we are morally obligated to wear the Batman symbol. :D

Just about all Facebook games are a waste of time.

[quote="runningdude, post:6, topic:244434"]

[/quote]

[quote="Redratfish, post:9, topic:244434"]
Well I just started :D

[/quote]

Hopefully it stays that way, but its only a matter of time before they release the trolls :(

[quote="runningdude, post:15, topic:244434"]
Hopefully it stays that way, but its only a matter of time before they release the trolls :(

[/quote]

I don't think it'll happen for a while. The faction that represents the Church's teachings is in control of the player population 75 percent

It would be nice if things are made more theologically and factually correct rather than use common generalizations of the Catholic faith.

I would rather have "Council Wars" and have an Orthodox and Catholic faction :D

[quote="ConstantineTG, post:17, topic:244434"]
It would be nice if things are made more theologically and factually correct rather than use common generalizations of the Catholic faith.

I would rather have "Council Wars" and have an Orthodox and Catholic faction :D

[/quote]

that would be cool

btw I'm playing this game to much :( lol

Online games are pretty addictive, I suggest to not get too involved in this. I once battled an addiction to the internet caused by Evony...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.