Verbum 6

Hello all!

I wanted to ask if anyone here has bought a Verbum 6 library for personal use?

scripturestudysoftware.com/libraries/

I want to buy a Verbum 6 library package for personal study, but I also don’t want to spend the money for it. Minimum buy is $274.95 for Basic Library package

Any help or feedback is appreciated!

ES

Esmac,

I use Verbum 6.

Would you like to consider cheaper Bible software?

But if you want to have Verbum 6, I think you will need to pay for it.

Maybe your query is to ask is Verbum 6 worth its price. It depends on one’s interests.

It’s pretty pricey, but it was well worth the investment for me. I’m kind of a nerd though. :wink: I really like having easy access to so many classic theological works. You can put it on your smart phone too which is pretty nice. I’ve been able to read things I probably would never have had the chance to otherwise.

I think if you like studying theology, you’ll get your money’s worth out of it. There’s just so much in it.

Robyn, I love the Chesterton quote. I am interested in getting Verbum Scholar library. Which one do you us or would you recommend?

The problem is have been working that Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Plan (for a few years now) so I am in a tug - of - war about making the purchase.

The Scripture library is $889 or $79.16 a month for 12 months.

I know Verbum would be an excellent lifetime investment, but not sure about pressing the “add to cart” button yet.

Do you use Verbum each day for the Daily Mass readings?

If you are on a budget, save the 800 bucks and find the stuff you want online.

Daily Mass readings are free here:
origin.usccb.org/bible/readings

Chesterton and many other books here:
gutenberg.org/
archive.org/

The nice thing about the Catholic faith is that it does not change, and therefore all the old stuff is just as relevant today as it was long ago.

I started reading him through Verbum actually. He’s extremely quotable. :thumbsup:

I am interested in getting Verbum Scholar library. Which one do you us or would you recommend?

The problem is have been working that Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Plan (for a few years now) so I am in a tug - of - war about making the purchase.

The Scripture library is $889 or $79.16 a month for 12 months.

I know Verbum would be an excellent lifetime investment, but not sure about pressing the “add to cart” button yet.

Do you use Verbum each day for the Daily Mass readings?

I don’t use it quite every day, but pretty frequently. It also has reflections by the saints on certain passages of Scripture which I have found really helpful.

I went with the Master myself because it gave me a lot more for my money than the Scripture Study one, and at the time I purchased they hadn’t come out with the Scholar package yet. Probably if I was buying now though, I would go with the Scholar. It depends on what you are looking for though and how much you plan on using it.

Also, I believe you can upgrade, so one option might be to start out with the cheaper package to see if you even like it and then add on later. However, I haven’t done the math on that yet, so I don’t know how much cheaper that actually is as opposed to just buying it all at once.

I bought Logos 4 (the protestant version) long before there was Verbum, with some additional Catholic resources to make it more useful. Since they’ve released Verbum 6 I went ahead and got Master, which is incredible.

It seems more convenient to buy online but I know one of the sales reps will give you a discount and even throw in free video training if you call in.

Hope that helps.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.