Very Depressed

Hi everyone. I am very depressed right now. I have had a bad day and I’m in a state of mortal sin. Please pray for me.

Hi Holly,
The Lord is very forgiving and if you are sorry for your mortal sin than go to confession as soon as possible, but in the meantime, confess it to the Lord in the meantime for peace of mind and soul. We are all sinners and will fall short some days more than others. I will keep you in my prayers today.

Thanks nana3.

Get to Confession as soon as possible; I bet you feel better right away. God’s loving forgivness works like that!! :smiley:

thoughts and prayers for you, Holly. Please do go to confession soon to help you feel a little better.

Hello Holly. I’ve been feeling quite teary for much of the evening/night so far :tissues:, so I really feel for you. I’ve been in your position many times and isn’t it a horrible place in which to be? I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Ask Our Blessed Mother to pray for your perfect contrition and a deep resolve to go to confession. If you can, have a quiet night tonight and spend more time in prayer, perhaps the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. God bless you. :gopray:

Remember how very vast God’s mercy is and that’s there’s nothing we can do (as long as we are truly sorry) that He won’t forgive us for.

A friend told me once to consider all the horrible mortal sins, then think of how many times these sins have been committed throughout all of time. If you take all these sins and roll them into a huge ball, it would still be only the size of a droplet of water in the great Ocean of God’s mercy.

Dear Holly… I’m keeping you in my prayers, dear soul. :gopray:

Don’t be discouraged, and remember… Jesus LOVES you. :yup:

http://mgwriters.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/divine-mercy.jpg

Soul of Christ, sanctify me;
Body of Christ, save me;
Blood of Christ, inebriate me;
Water from the side of Christ, wash me;
Passion of Christ, strengthen me;
O good Jesus, hear me;
Within Your wounds, hide me;
Let me never be separated from You;
From the evil one, protect me;
At the hour of my death, call me;
and bid me come to You;
That with Your saints,
I may praise You forever and ever.
Amen.

Holly, i will pray for you.
Grandma glor

Thanks everyone. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. I am in a better mood now though I could still use some prayers as I am developing another headache.

Holding you in my prayers…

Praying right now for you Holy (beautiful name)

Eternal Lord, I bring before you your beautiful child, Holly,
please be with her in this depression and help her to see that to turn towards you
is the most beautiful and perfect thing she can do. Please forgive her sins and
Eternal Lord hold Holly in the palm of your hand…Amen
GraceAngel.

hi holly. sorry you are feeling depressed this evening. tomorrow is another day.
say your prayers tonight and i will say one for you. i know what it is like to be depressed and the terrible feelings and thoughts that come with being depressed. remember God loves you. :slight_smile:

Prayers for you Holly.

Praying hard for you Holly. Persevere, we’re all sinners and need to keep trying to be better people even though we sometimes come up short. God loves us.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

St. Dymphna, pray for Holly that she’ll be able to offer up her suffering and remember that it’s a glimpse of what Christ went through.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thanks everyone. I’m no longer nearly so depressed. In fact, I’m in a relatively good mood now. :slight_smile: Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Praying for you.

Trust me I know the feeling very well. I can’t speak for others but I do know that when I go to confession when I get the chance, whether for a mortal sin or not, It really does seem to basically cure those bad feelings. It wipes away any sense of guilt and gives you a sense of hope if you are struggling with any particular sin. I am generally blessed to get good priests that give good advice as well which is one of the other big reasons I go to confession, free therapy from the church. I don’t get a good priest every time but at least 1 out of every 2 times. There’s at least one friendly, intelligent, and very wise priest willing to listen at every parish I am fairly certain.

That and this forum among many others are one of the blessings of our faith.

I also find any wise knowledgeable priest by far a much better option than many therapists out there not kidding. If that’s not an incentive on top of needing forgiveness I don’t know what is.

I’m praying for you though and feel your pain, just hang in there and seek confession and forgive yourself afterwards. We all fall at times and many of us more so than you think are probably in the same boat whether we want to admit it or not.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.