Very disturbing

Who are these people? I came across their site while looking for something else and was very disturbed by what I saw – especially the things found here.

Is this something that we should just dismiss? Do we have valid rebuttals to their accusations?

[quote=Sir Knight]Is this something that we should just dismiss?
[/quote]

yes

catholicculture.org/sites/site_view.cfm?recnum=1363

Site Review for
True Catholic
truecatholic.org
RATINGS
Fidelity: DANGER! || Resources: Poor || Useability: Excellent
First Evaluated: 07/03/00 Last Updated: 09/27/04

DESCRIPTION
Despite its name, this organization is far from being in union with the Church. It is a schismatic group claiming the Church centered in Rome, in the Vatican, is not the Catholic Church. They state that “Since 1958 (after the death of Pope Pius XII on October 9, 1958), the holders of offices there, have usurped the name of the Catholic Church from which they of their own free will departed.” The site is useful only for research purposes.

STRENGTHS
None Reported.

WEAKNESSES
· Claim the Vatican is illegitimate (Fidelity)
Example(s)
· Entire section on the “heresies” of Vatican II (Fidelity)
· Pages attacking John Paul II and Benedict XVI personally (Fidelity)

Sir Knight my good friend…please dismiss this website and this group…they are sedevacantist and schismatics of the highest degree…all they speak about and profess is nothing more than propaganda…they are a cancer.

[quote=Sir Knight]Who are these people? I came across their site while looking for something else and was very disturbed by what I saw – especially the things found here.

Is this something that we should just dismiss? Do we have valid rebuttals to their accusations?
[/quote]

That is really disturbing. The pope that they recognising is a Franciscan Capuchin.

I am really distracted by this because i am a Franciscan Capuchin admirer.

May GOD help the OFM Cap.

Curious combination of pre-Vatian II papal writings and Biblical literalism.

This part was interesting:

“Since the electorate, being a worldwide body, without the financial means or resources to gather in the central place for the Conclave, cast ballots using today’s God-given technology of the telephone.” The man was elected on the first ballot. How many electors were there? That’s a secret.

“As the Vatican is now under the control of the non-Catholic Vatican II sect, Pope Pius XIII will maintain residence at an as-yet undisclosed location.” No one knows where this guy is, but you can write him at a PO box in Washington state, or e-mail his secretary.

A quick search on Google turned up these links. I think this secessionist sect can be safely ignored.

True Catholic Church

Lucian Pulvermacher

Catholic Answers: Karl’s E-Letter of April 6, 2004

[quote=Nan S]Curious combination of pre-Vatian II papal writings and Biblical literalism.

This part was interesting:

“Since the electorate, being a worldwide body, without the financial means or resources to gather in the central place for the Conclave, cast ballots using today’s God-given technology of the telephone.” The man was elected on the first ballot. How many electors were there? That’s a secret.

“As the Vatican is now under the control of the non-Catholic Vatican II sect, Pope Pius XIII will maintain residence at an as-yet undisclosed location.” No one knows where this guy is, but you can write him at a PO box in Washington state, or e-mail his secretary.

[/quote]

Nan, you left out the best quote on the page:

Planning and logistics for the election occurred over the past 3 years, and in 1998 the Catholic Church was ready and eager for the election. The Conclave to elect the pope was conducted with voting coming from worldwide electors of the Remnant Catholic Church. As there were no Cardinals alive at the start of the Conclave, Natural Law allows for Catholics, clergy and laymen, to be the electorate to vote for the pope. This is because the Church as a perfect society must have the means to restore it visible head, the pope.
The Conclave Committee, a group of 3 Catholic laymen, with the approval of the electorate, organized the logistics for the Conclave.

If this isnt sad I dont know what is.

[quote=Catholic Dude]Nan, you left out the best quote on the page:

Planning and logistics for the election occurred over the past 3 years, and in 1998 the Catholic Church was ready and eager for the election. The Conclave to elect the pope was conducted with voting coming from worldwide electors of the Remnant Catholic Church. As there were no Cardinals alive at the start of the Conclave, Natural Law allows for Catholics, clergy and laymen, to be the electorate to vote for the pope. This is because the Church as a perfect society must have the means to restore it visible head, the pope.

The Conclave Committee, a group of 3 Catholic laymen, with the approval of the electorate, organized the logistics for the Conclave.

If this isnt sad I dont know what is.
[/quote]

You’re right. If I wasn’t shaking my head so fast in incredulity, I’d probably be laughing.

These people and all like them are clearly insane and it is best to just ignore them.

Foolish things, poor sheep

The scary thing about this that this runs in the family. I think anti-Pope Pius XIII’s brother is in the SSPX.

PF

I went back to take another look, and sure enough…
Here’s another curious tidbit about “these people”:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]After 40 years of the Holy See being vacant, the Catholic Church has, on October 24, 1998 elected Pope Pius XIII as the Vicar of Christ on Earth.

[/font]Note that was nearly SEVEN YEARS AGO!!! Note that this guy still has no known address.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]As the Vatican is now under the control of the non-Catholic Vatican II sect, Pope Pius XIII will maintain residence at an as-yet undisclosed location.

[/font]Why do you suppose this is? Do they think the “apostates” are going to throw him to the lions? :bigyikes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.