very scared

Hi,

this week has been a very difficult week for me… I’m really scared about the future. I know I shouldn’t be… I’m really trying to trust God. I’m graduating from university, but there’s really not much I could do with my degree unless I go to grad school or professional school. I’m planning on applying to teachers college. But my parents have really made it clear to me that it’s VERY important for me to get in… due to a family situation that would take too long to describe… I’m so scared that I won’t get in. :frowning: My grades aren’t at the top of the class, but it’s alright cause they’re looking only at the best 20 courses… I’m also working on getting the volunteer experience I need. If I don’t get in, I’d try again next year, but as I said it would be very very difficult with my family. I’m also scared cause I’m trying to decide if I have a religious vocation or if I should marry… but I can’t do anything at the moment, cause I only became Catholic recently so I need to be Catholic for at least 2 years, I also need to pay off a loan first. Thankfully I have some time… but whenever I think of how I have time, I feel guilty cause it’s like I’m making an excuse to God… what if He is callling me? I really have no idea…

Could you please pray for me that I’d have peace of mind, and that God’s will would be done in my life… that if it’s His will, that I’d get into teachers college. I feel like it would take a miracle for me to get in, because there’s SO much competition. I’d love to teach at Catholic school (even** if I** have a vocation and would be a nun later on, or maybe I would marry, I’m very much open to that too) and I believe God pointed me in this direction, at this stage of my life. But I’m so scared of things not going right. I don’t know… I KNOW I need to trust God. This whole week has just been very difficult, I have a bad cold, I wrote several midterm exams, and a lot in my life is just not going right. I feel like God has been giving me strength though.

I’m also sad cause whenever I start distrusting God I lose hope and I get further from Him… and it’s really getting further from God, that’s what hurts the most.

Thanks soo much for reading. :slight_smile: God bless.

Just remember that you WANT to trust Him and that even if things seem to be going where you didn’t want, God’s leading you there for a reason. Remember it’s thy will be done, not “my will”.

I’ll certainly be praying for you. :smiley:

You can certainly be considering if you’re called to the religious life :nun2: even if there’s still that wait time (use it to make up your mind on whether you really feel the call or not through prayer).

May all go well, and your heart and mind be put at ease soon. :gopray:

4everhis,
I promise to pray that you do get into the teachers college and teach at a Catholic school. I also pray that you have less anxiety and more peace in this whole situation as you narrow down your options ie as to whether you want to be a nun or not. If this is God’s will for you this is a great thing but just remember that if its not God still has great things in store for you in your life. Take your options and discernment one day at a time with plenty of prayer and you can go wrong. I wish you the best and pray you will be very happy with whatever you are able to do with your degree be it teaching or something else.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven,
Give us this day,
Our daily Bread,
And Forgive us our trespasses,
as we fogrive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil,
Amen.

Dear Lord most gracious God

I ask that you please help this child not only with school but to have the peace to discern the proper vocation according to your will. Guide him, and allow his heart and mind to accept and know the difference. I thank you Lord for everything you have given us please allow us to continue on the path of rightousness according to your will.

Amen

I will definitely pray for you.

You can only do what you can do. You can only work with the realities of your grades, of what the requisites are, of the actual opportunities. Parents have aspirations, but the reality doesn’t always fit in but that’s okay. So many of us parents learn that we can’t write our children’s stories and the reality that works for them isn’t necessarily the reality we would choose for our children. It can be a painful adjustment.

The present reality is, also, that it isn’t time yet to be certain whether you have a religious vocation, there are two years to wait, so you can pray peacefully, without having to wrest the answer out of God or yourself. “Thy will be done” is sufficient. “Give us this day our daily bread” Jesus taught, so we don’t have to store up the bread for the future “Give me today the graces that I need today to live this day well.”

I have the flu still also. My sympathy! I hope you get well soon. Of course you feel a little down. Your immune system is fighting, but is also coping with stress.

“Lord, Thy will be done, day by day, in the holy reality of each day of this willing heart”
Grant peace to this young person whom You have drawn into Your Life.

You sound like you have your head on straight and you realize what the dangers are. Keep praying and know that we all face these times so did every saint that ever lived. Jesus knew you by name and knew all the fear and pain you feel today and he took it with him up on that cross.

I am praying for you.

jb

Praying for you that you may have peace, “be still and know” that the Lord is God, He is with you and he will lead you to where you need to be, day by day. You are not alone. This can be an extremely stressful time. Remember to pray and offer all your stress, fear, and everything to God. Talk to your family and friends and give yourself down time and time to have fun. You’re not letting God down. He gives us what we need as we need it. It’s OK to not have it all figured out at once. God is with us. “Sufficient unto the day are the day’s worries.” I pray that you may have the peace and love of Christ in your heart and mind. (breathe…)

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

I’ll pray for you.

I’ve struggled with worry too, and one thing I learned that helped me is that God not only doesn’t want us to worry, it is actually a command of His that we don’t worry. By worrying we drive peace out of our soul, and when peace goes, so does, love, trust, hope, confidence, humility, poverty…when peace is in jeopardy, everything else should be dropped and we should run to protect our peace.

By knowing God forbids worry, we know that He wants us to be peaceful and happy. What a load off of our hearts! Whatever worries come our way, we don’t need to acknowledge them for an instant. Shoo worry off as a temptation, and put your faith in God who knows what’s best for you and will take care of you.

BTW, I want to be a nun too!

Thank you so much everyone!! :slight_smile: God has been really helping me not to worry but to trust more in Him. He also provided me with a great volunteering opportunity to get experience for my application! :smiley:

God bless! :hug1:

:slight_smile: Prayers for you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.