Vestments

I went to midnight mass Christmas Eve, I usually go to a daytime mass. At mass the priest had a place, a holder of sorts with a Vestment on it. In the middle of mass, he changed Vestments. He put the one he had on back on this holder. The two looked nearly the same to me. Whats the deal ?

thanks
Pete

[quote="PeteOh, post:1, topic:349399"]
I went to midnight mass Christmas Eve, I usually go to a daytime mass. At mass the priest had a place, a holder of sorts with a Vestment on it. In the middle of mass, he changed Vestments. He put the one he had on back on this holder. The two looked nearly the same to me. Whats the deal ?

thanks
Pete

[/quote]

We have priests sometimes change vestments, here, in Mexico. I think they will sometimes start off with one, for say the Blessed Sacrament, then put on the outer vestment, for the following mass. I'm not sure what happened, there.

[quote="PeteOh, post:1, topic:349399"]

thanks
Pete

[/quote]

Can you use Google to find images that help your description, then link to them here?

It sounds as though your priest wears a cope for the entrance procession (and perhaps the blessing of the crèche) and then removes the cope and puts on a chasuble.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.