VICE news

Has anyone watched VICE News videos? Do they contain graphic footage of violence? (I want to avoid seeing disturbing images.)

I watch Vice News often. I can’t remember graphic footage of violence in the ones that I have seen. Also, some of the videos do contain foul language.

I also have watched many of the VICE news videos. What really caught my attention was the five part series on the Islamic State (now also edited into one long video). It was HORRIBLY compelling. I just could not believe some of what I saw in those videos - that someone could get in with them, shoot as much footage as they did, and get back out to produce it.

Having said that, I do think there’s some violence in there.I seem to recall one scene that showed some bodies, but overall it was not as violent as I expected.

Here is a link to the full length video on IS:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUjHb4C7b94

VICE News reporter Medyan Dairieh spent three weeks embedded with the Islamic State, gaining unprecedented access to the group in Iraq and Syria as the first and only journalist to document its inner workings.

I think there are sometimes some pretty graphic images when they’re covering war, disasters, etc. But I haven’t watched any of their stuff lately.

I love vice.
Their documentaries of N. Korea are my favorite.

I think there is a scene in that one that showed some bodies too. I watched that video a while back.

Yes, that’s true. I think that sometimes such things are unavoidable in documentaries like the ones that Vice News presents.

VICE can be pretty rough.

I was interested in them when they first started, but after a while I became aware of their biases and I lost interest. It’s more than just revulsion or irritation, they bother my conscience. I got a sense of defilement from some of the things they put out. That’s all I’m going to say about that.

I still check them out once in a while, but mostly not. I think I looked at a bit of ISIS stuff a little while back, but it had been quite a number of months and perhaps as much as a year since I last payed any attention to them before watching the ISIS stuff.

I’m pretty much done with most of the msm, and that includes VICE.

:twocents:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.