Video about "The Mass"

I am looking for good suggestions for a video that explains the Mass in depth and makes biblical references & connections.

[font=‘Times New Roman’][font=Arial Narrow]Also, I would hope that this video would maintain everyone’s attention. [/font] [/font]

Thanks for everyone’s help :thumbsup: .

[quote=joshjacob]I am looking for good suggestions for a video that explains the Mass in depth and makes biblical references & connections.

[font=‘Times New Roman’][font=Arial Narrow]Also, I would hope that this video would maintain everyone’s attention. [/font] [/font]

Thanks for everyone’s help :thumbsup: .
[/quote]

If you go to the home page of this website-Catholic Answers has all kinds of resources available on the Mass.

Deacon Tony

catalog.osv.com/Catalog.aspx?SimpleDisplay=true&ProductCode=580

A step-by-step video presentation of the Mass, this beautiful and inspiring video is sure to promote a greater appreciation of the central focus of our Faith.
Divided into five easy-to-follow sections, the video provides detailed descriptions of what is being done, as well as the reasons for the actions.

With appropriate citations from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and explanations and descriptions of the names and functions of the various items seen and used at Mass, A Walk Through the Mass with Bishop Donald W. Wuerl is designed to help all Catholics, from new converts to those in RCIA and confirmation classes, as well as those cradle Catholics who would like a refresher course, to pray the Mass with greater understanding and appreciation.

Enjoy

www.aodonline.org/AODOnline/news+++Publications+2203/CTND+2210/CTND±+CTND+Videos.htm

Try this it helped me

Joe

A Walk through the Mass with Bishop Wuerl, Ignatius Press,
Marcello D’Ambrosio also has a 4-part video series on the Eucharist and the Mass, but I have not been through the whole thing.
For children, I was There - the Mass from EWTN is great.

Thanks to all of the prior suggestions, I will have to check out the video “A Walk Through the Mass”.

I did alittle research yesterday and I found “The Most Glorious Act Understanding the Mass” by Fr. John Perricone. Could someone give feedback on this video & feedback about Fr. Perricone?

[quote=Joseph X]www.aodonline.org/AODOnline/news+++Publications+2203/CTND+2210/CTND±+CTND+Videos.htm

Try this it helped me

Joe
[/quote]

I can’t thank you enough for this website list of videos. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

i have a littel add on question: I am not a catholic but am interested in becoming Catholic. I am going to check out the video mentioned above but also I was wondering if there was anything explaining how a non-Catholic should enter into the mass. I have heard things like you are supposed to cross your arms across your chest during the eucharist, you are supposed to go to RCIA before you even go to mass etc. I was raised methodist with a Catholic come Methodist father and methodist mother. I know very little about what is “proper” and what is not. There are not many rules in protestanism. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The Church welcomes all Christians to Mass, but you must be fully united as a Catholic before recieving the Eucharist. This is typically done through RCIA. What you can do is approach the priest with your arms crossed over your chest and recieve the blessing of the Church. It’s not necessary to do so though, and you can just stay in the pew praying and reflecting if you choose to do so. The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains the Sacrament of the Eucharist and is well worth the read. You can read it here scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c1a3.htm#1322
Rich

youtube.com/watch?v=R6AOvStZS64

Tridentine Mass video - commentary by Archbishop Fulton Sheen. Filmed on Easter Sunday 1941.

Very very good.

Thank you so much for sharing that video! It is awesome!

Very glad you liked the video. It really is marvellous, if you need any links about the Tridentine Mass, i would be happy to give you them over PM etc. Feel free to PM me.

God Bless
Pax Tecum!

Well if its the Tridentine Mass one is looking for… then this website has a few as well. traditionalmass.net/traditionalmass.nsf

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.