Video Game Consoles you've owned and currently own

Like the title says.
I started out with the good old Atari 2600. Then I moved on to the Colecovision, with its much better translations of then-current games. (Check out Atari's terrible version of Donkey Kong. UGH!) Then I got that still-awesome NES. That lasted a good 10 years or so, before I upgraded to the PS-1. (I would've considered the N64, had I not seen the awesome trailer for Final Fantasy 7) I then got PS-2, but my version only played PS-2 games for a month or so before giving up. Now I have a Wii, but I don't play games as much as I used to because I have less time.
So what about you?

From what I can remember, when we were younger, we had an Atari also. I don't remember much about the games though. Then we had the NES. From there we went to Sega. From Sega to PS1, then PS2. PS3, Wii and sisters Xbox. We mostly use the Wii or the PS3 and then its more often to watch movies (netflix, dvds) on them than playing games.

Aww FF7

When I was a kid we had something called Odessy. My parents were frugal!!!!

We got NES when I was 5 years old. In college, I downloaded an Emulator so I could play Legend of Zelda 1 and 2 in the original format. We eventually got SNES (probably the best system ever), I had a game boy color in there at some point, and then got N64. I got a PS2 my first year of college, and rewarded myself last year for a major professional achievement by getting a PS3.

I was sad about the switch to Sony from Nintendo because that meant no more Zelda games. Now, when I stay at my fiancee's parents' house, I choose the room in the basement because it has the N64 with Ocarina of Time!

[quote="petitfleur, post:3, topic:243582"]
When I was a kid we had something called Odessy. My parents were frugal!!!!

[/quote]

The Odyssey? As in the first console ever? You should've held on to it, it's a collector's item now! (And I envy you. Ever since I saw the Angry Video Game Nerd's take on it, I've actually wanted to play it just for curiosity's sake)

[quote="rocklobster, post:5, topic:243582"]
The Odyssey? As in the first console ever? You should've held on to it, it's a collector's item now! (And I envy you. Ever since I saw the Angry Video Game Nerd's take on it, I've actually wanted to play it just for curiosity's sake)

[/quote]

I had no idea!!!!! Go figure!!!!

We still have an SNES, I grew up playing Donkey Kong Country. Now we've got a Wii and it's awesome playing the new version of the game and seeing how it hasn't changed!
I also had a GameBoy advance and now I've got a Nintendo DS lite - just bought two new games for that one this morning!

I once owned a NES, but broke it after 2 days. I later had an AMIGA 500 computer... pretty much built just for 16bit gaming. Still have it somewhere but it doesn't work anymore sadly. Then I owned a SEGA Master System 2(with Alex Kidd built in), Atari 2600(very late in it's console life) and later a SEGA Game Gear and SEGA Mega Drive(a.k.a Genesis). Didn't get into PS1 or N64 because i played them all the time at friends places. Then in '01 I got a PS2. In '06 a PSP(sold it in same year), '08 a Wii (but actually never played it hardcore till end of '09), start of '10 a DSiXL which this year I traded in for the awesome 3DS I am currently using to write this post.... That's all my personal gaming history! From Sega dude to Nintendo guy!

I own:
Nintendo 64
Nintendo GameCube
Sony Playstation 3 slim

PS3 is my favorite by far.

My brother ownes the PS1, PS2, and PS3. He bought the PS3 when it first came out a few years ago. It overheated and died last november (RIP PS3:()

Started out with the PS1, (ah, Tomb Raider...) and followed up with a Gamecube. Moved on to a Wii, and then went to a 360.
I need to go play outside.

The first console I got was a SNES. I wanted a Sega but a boy at the electronics store talked my mom into the SNES - I'm glad he did! I still have one now, but I rarely play it.

After that we got:
GameBoy Pocket and then GameBoy Color
a PlayStation
a N64
a PlayStation 2 (which just broke :()
a Wii

My favorite was the PS2. I had the most games for it. I was very sad when it stopped working.

we first had an atari 2600 my mom found at a yard sale. Then it was NES, then genesis, then n64, ps1, ps2, gamecube, and finally wii. I sold my wii a year or so ago because I just wasn't playing.

Now I've found the wonder that is onlive. Awesome games anyware you can get on the internet. The entry cost is zero.

My console history's been pretty much a straight run. I started with a PS1 as a kid but then the lens got exhausted and it eventually stopped working right. I got my PS2 soon right after when I started high school.

Currently I'm slowly making plans for getting a PS3. If you know anybody offering prayers for such a success, please include me in them! :p

On the other hand, it's different and longer story if we're going to include handheld platforms. (Are they included?)

If I was you Lost Wanderer, I'd save up for next year's Wii U instead. PS3 is 6-7 years old now(design age, not release age). Wii U should cause a major splash next year...

And of cause handhelds are included... I'm posting from 3DS as we speak!

[quote="colliric, post:14, topic:243582"]
If I was you Lost Wanderer, I'd save up for next year's Wii U instead. PS3 is 6-7 years old now(design age, not release age). Wii U should cause a major splash next year...

[/quote]

Meh, I'm more of a J-RPG fanboy. I'm into stuff like Devil May Cry and am not ashamed to say that my primary reason for wanting a PS3 is to get FFXIII. (Yes people, I find Lightning extremely attractive no matter how many times people diss the game. covers his ears and sings Lalalalalalala!!!)

[quote="colliric, post:14, topic:243582"]
And of cause handhelds are included...

[/quote]

Well since they're apparently included, I might as well throw in my handheld history.

Actually for the first half of it, the handhelds were first owned by my siblings. My younger bro got a GameBoy Color, followed by the GBA, and was soon gifted a GBA SP. My sister had a GBA herself. Needless to say, it caused a lot of fighting when we were kids. :o

However, around the time I finished high-school, I got my revenge. Mwahahahahaha!! I got myself a PSP!!! XD It's been four years since then and this handy little gizmo has become somewhat of a personal treasure for me. Many people in my life will attest that I am almost never seen without it. Not only do I play games on it, it's also my music player, video player, and picture viewer. >:3 I once said this before but Apple can just go bite itself. XP

I started out with the Atari and the Adam computer back in the early/mid 80's.

In 1987, my brothers and I pooled our paper route money and bought the original NES. And I never looked back. :)

Since then, I've owned the SNES, N64, Gamecube, and now the Wii. I own a PS2 by marriage as my wife really liked Dance Dance Revolution and they didn't really have DDR on the Gamecube. But as they now have those titles on the Wii, there is no reason for us to get any other platform.

The games I am most interested in playing are those games made solely by Nintendo (Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.). So I really have no interest in any other console. I am glad they exist, though, to give Nintendo competition and keep them priced lower. ;)

Of course, I am interested in the newly unveiled Wii U. I hope it's successful, but I probably will wait to pick it up. The closest I ever came to getting a system at launch was picking the Gamecube up a month after it came out (which of course was their least commercially successful console :o). I'm still getting a fair bit of mileage out of my Wii. I'm still slowly making my way through Twilight Princess. Gone are the days where I could devote entire days (or weeks :o) to playing video games..

I started out with a NES, then we bought a Sega, then a PlayStation, and around the end of its cycle, a PlayStation 2 (it's hooked up to my TV as I type this). On the portable front, I have a GameBoy (pocket), GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo DS, and PlayStation Portable. I always try to keep up with the latest handheld systems, but I don't have the money for a 3DS at the moment.

My best "console" is my PC, though. :D

I had a Gameboy pocket as my first, then a N64, then a Playstation, then a PS2, then a Gameboy Color :smiley:

I had a PSP once, I thought “Siphon Filter: Dark Mirror” was an absolute masterpeice…still to this very day it’s the best action game i’ve played on handheld. But I didn’t find the system very robust otherwise. In particular UMD’s sucked… no wonder Sony has dropped them for the Playstation Vita(a.k.a NGP, or PSP2). I “saw the light” when I got a free Wii… DSiXL was right up my alley(Size had stopped me considering DS before, but XL was perfect).

3DS however is the best handheld… I’ve gotten addicted to streetpass hits, the internet browser and “Dead or Alive: Dimentions”.

Sega, NES, SNES, N64,PS2,PS3, XBOX360.
N64 was the biggest let down, so much potential, so little realised.
My nephew has a old SNES, He has the complete mario bros series. I think those old games are great.simple yet fun. When they were first released i was amazed at the graphics. Now they look so.... i don't know. Meh?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.