Video: Hispanic Rock and Mascot Masses

youtube.com/watch?v=B8-nuqVsyXs&feature=player_embedded

youtube.com/watch?v=yhuodg-Ont8&feature=player_embedded

I beg your pardon, but the first linked Mass is not Mexican, it is Catalonian, in Spain, and it’s in the Catalan language.

I changed the title.

Apparently the biggest sacrilege of all is not accurately citing where the real sacrileges occurred. :shrug:

Man, that mascot Mass was just a disgrace. I would never go to a parish that offered a Mass like that.

Misere nobis! :signofcross:

I’ve been to a Mass like this, minus the dancing musicians, but with louder bass. It was the most horrifying experience I’ve ever had in my life, I would not wish that on any good Catholic. They say the Latin Mass is the closest thing to heaven, well going to a Mass with such sacrelige is the closest thing to hell.

That is so true.

So true especially if no sacrilege occured in the first place.

Were the musicians in Spain singing or playing to some pagan god? Nope.

Are we sure that Mascot “Mass” did actually occur after the Mass? Nope.

But extremist traditionalists like to sensationalize things, I’ve noticed.

I’ve seen only a handful of truly uncanonical Masses on the Internet (such as the clown mass wherein some clown gave the homily), but the great majority that extremists complain about are within the rubrics, and certainly not sacrilegeous.

Blessings

Well, I guess that explains and excuses it. It happened in Spain. Whew,what a relief.
Everything is all right folks, it happened in Spain.:extrahappy:

Well, since the first Mass occurred in Spain everything is obviously excused and OK. After all, what can be expected from a country with no real history of Catholicism such as Spain. I mean really if you look closely at the video they actually had a sizeable group of people who did not come forward to receive Holy Communion.:eek: Who ever heard of such a thing?. Tsk tsk, it just won’t do.:tsktsk: And the band did play at a more subdued level during Communion itself:thumbsup:

As to the popular Loco Por Mi Rey song and videos I see no problem at all. It was no different than thousands of Lifeteen Masses that happen each and every week except that the singing was somewhat better. As for the mascots, well they were just there to help the kids understand just how serious the Gospel message is. And at least it was somewhat more subdued than the other videos of the same song played at various protestant assemblies, where the song initially gained a following. And in all honesty it was no worse than this one, posted on the same website which obviously DOES occur during the Mass itself immediately prior to the Gospel acclamation… Why, what better place for a giant dancing chicken than immediately prior to the acclamation? It can only serve to drive home just how truly special the Gospel message really is. Dancing chickens, I wish I had thought of it:thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B40zkhuo7kA

Such a disgrace! MERCY! HAVE MERCY ON US O JESUS!
What one earth is going on in the Church?!? If anyone still doesnt think that the third secret of Fatima is that ‘Satan would break in and destroy the Church and lay low the Holy Father’, I think they are at odds with the Blessed Mother.

I can’t believe that some Catholics would approve of this. The Holy Sacrifice has been replaced by a ‘Happy Meal’. If I was there I would’ve tossed that contraption out the door, and said **"STOP MAKING JESUS’ HOUSE A MEETING PLACE!!

youtube.com/watch?v=tx-9P1Qk0kA

Clowning is a noble profession.

If you are going to rock out during Mass at least do it with class
youtube.com/watch?v=NblAdAsAAek&feature=related

Everyone needs a hobby. What I have always found fascinating is the psychology of posting threads like this in this particular forum.

Nope. I saw a huge line of people going up for communion. I noticed there were many seated in the front, but that could be because they had already received communion.:ouch: It’s also probable that there were some there who were just non-Catholic tourists, which always happens in Cathedrals in Europe. Or maybe - just maybe - there were some who did not feel properly disposed to receive.

[quote=]As for the mascots, well they were just there to help the kids understand just how serious the Gospel message is.
[/quote]

If it was after Mass, why does it matter? Besides, it might have been the feast of St. Francis for all you know. Also, there could have been a Scripture reading involving a lion, or birds.

[quote=]And in all honesty it was no worse than this one, posted on the same website which obviously DOES occur during the Mass itself immediately prior to the Gospel acclamation… Why, what better place for a giant dancing chicken than immediately prior to the acclamation? It can only serve to drive home just how truly special the Gospel message really is. Dancing chickens, I wish I had thought of it:thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B40zkhuo7kA
[/quote]

Get a hold of yourself, sir. There was no dancing there. Besides, not only is the rooster a ubiquitous symbol in Mexico, but the hen or rooster plays a prominently role in several Gospel passages.:whistle:

Most of the Masses that the self-proclaimed popes of liturgical “reform” have judged to be blasphemous are really children’s Masses. Only one Mass out of all the Masses in a parish would have a mass like that. They do not represent the norm, and even those parishes will admit they are not the norm, but are instead meant to help the children remember the mass more vividly.

Blessings,
Marduk

‘Hispanic’ means Spanish, Spain, or any of the New World countries that were once ruled by Spain. It is not Mexican. If you look at maps of Europe that are not in English, Spain is written as Espania. Hispania was the Latin for the Iberian Peninsula.

After viewing the videos, it is easy to understand why no one attends Mass anymore in Europe. The cathedral certainly didn’t look filled. In the other video, it’s a wonder Justin Bieber wasn’t on stage the way the youngins’ acted.

I’m sorry - churches are the gateway to heaven on earth. If there is no element of the transcendent present, then it becomes a fruitless endeavor.

There Lucky I wasn’t there. :mad:

That Church would have literally seen the Jesus that took out the money changers in me!
I simply cannot believe why a priest or deacon would allow this. To me there are 2 types of Novus Ordo masses. The one done with reverence (For Example the one done on EWTN) and there are ones done without reverence. But this isn’t even a mass: This is the Novus Ordo from HELL!

Imagine what St. Paul and St. Peter would have done to that place if they were there.

“Hence, both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal feelings of devotion and reverence.”- Vatican II.:gopray::bible1:

The mascots only succeeded in ruining everything. Jesus would not want mascots up their at the altar, it’s supposed to be about Christ and the Eucharist. Regardless of whether it’s before, during, or after Mass, it just isn’t right. It’s really pathetic.

Any Roman Catholic should be appalled by these sort of things. They are nothing but poison for the soul.

The fact that this statement needed to be said on a Catholic forum shows the extent of the crisis in the Church and the complete loss of all Catholic sensibilities of a growing number of our population.

That these videos are not seen to depict sacrilege is the worst indictment on those with this viewpoint. They truly have no sense of what the Mass is.

Exactly! You really understand what’s going on in the Church today and the crisis that has unfolded. This is what I have been trying to say all along. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.