Video I took of Filipino SANTACRUZAN procession

Hey everybody :smiley: I took some video of a Filipino procession called SANTACRUZAN that takes place yearly in my neighborhood. It is a wonderful procession that celebrates St. Helena’s founding of the pieces of the “True Cross”. In the procession they have little princesses, teenages princesses and the Queen’s all dressed out in their Sunday best.

They also include in the procession statues of Our Lady as she is represented in the different nations. My favorite was the representation of **Our Lady of LaVang ** and how those processing with the statue were also dressed as Our Lady.

You can view the video on my Youtube page where my nick is SGRfilms :stuck_out_tongue: No, I am not some big time film-maker. I was just trying to sound professional-like…yes, that’s it. LOL

Here’s the web link youtube.com/watch?v=eIKRZjpXGQg

You can also view images of the procession from the local paper.

comment-blog.advance.net/gallery/4505/Santakrusan%202009%20procession%20and%20festival%20in%20Downtown%20Jersey%20City

I hope you all enjoy it and that you have had a blessed Sunday with the LORD. :slight_smile:

Here’s a webpage that gives a more detailed explanation of the procession of SANTACRUZAN for those of you who may be interested.

WikiPilipinas website…

en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php?title=Santacruzan

closed #3

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.