Video of liturgical dancers

Here is a video of the LA religion conference thingy with the liturgical dancers. What a travesty! You need Flash 8 to view it.

qdomine.com/Morality%20video/LA%20Rel%20Ed%20-%202006/lareledcongress06-1.htm

What was the smoking bowl, and why was it being held at the same height as the Book of Gospels? It looked like some kind of pagan ceremony to me.

Ummm, this can’t be real… :mad:

[quote=gelsbern]What was the smoking bowl, and why was it being held at the same height as the Book of Gospels? It looked like some kind of pagan ceremony to me.
[/quote]

Incense. The bowl is used to better reflect the “NOBLE SIMPLICITY” called for in church architecture and the Mass itself these days. The older methods of incensing are considered by many to be unnecessarily ornate and not in line with Vatican II thinking.

[quote=palmas85]Incense
[/quote]

Actually, I think they are burning the GIRM.

[quote=arieh0310]Actually, I think they are burning the GIRM.
[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

[/quote]

Now that my friend is quite clearly a pre-Vatican II mindset. You’d better watch out.

[quote=arieh0310]Ummm, this can’t be real… :mad:

[/quote]

Too real. Perhaps cutting some mistletoe with a silver knife, taking the auspices by examination of a sheep’s liver and the invocation of Gaia should be considered to reflect the Celtic culture, the Roman culture and, of course, the Los Angeles culture.

[quote=palmas85]Incense. The bowl is used to better reflect the “NOBLE SIMPLICITY” called for in church architecture and the Mass itself these days. The older methods of incensing are considered by many to be unnecessarily ornate and not in line with Vatican II thinking.
[/quote]

The Pope himself uses the older method of incense. Benedict will bring about a true interpretation and implementation of the reforms of the Second Vatican Council.

[quote=palmas85]Incense. The bowl is used to better reflect the “NOBLE SIMPLICITY” called for in church architecture and the Mass itself these days. The older methods of incensing are considered by many to be unnecessarily ornate and not in line with Vatican II thinking.
[/quote]

I agree. How was incense offered to Moloch? Or did he just use a holocaust of babies?

[quote=Ace86]The Pope himself uses the older method of incense. Benedict will bring about a true interpretation and implementation of the reforms of the Second Vatican Council.
[/quote]

I sure hope so, I really do.

It may be simple, but it sure isn’t NOBLE. That’s why the Pope uses the traditional way of incense. Which is the way all churches should use incense.

[/quote]

OK, I just choked on my coffee. :rotfl:

Don’t you just love the tye-dye skirts from the 60s? (sarcasm)
Seriously, when will these people learn that that Liturgy (or whatever it is) looked like utter nonsense. What a mess they’ve made. I get so frustrated watching that type of stuff.

The absolute best and funniest part of that video was seeing some guy in cassock and surplice standing around in the middle of it all.

[/quote]

LOL. :thumbsup: :rotfl:

Yikes, reminds me of a Styx concert in 1979!

Okay now that I just watched it - what was that? That couldn’t of been a Mass.

In a concert hall no less? Lord have mercy.

Edit: No wonder some of our non-Catholic brothers and sisters think we are strange, they probably watched or have been to this or something similiar. I think an orthodox Catholic needs to scope out the parish before allowing a non-Catholic to attend. :stuck_out_tongue:

I noted towards the end, they had some women making the announcements of who did what, and not once did they refer to their ‘ceremony’ as a Mass.
It was a concert, or a ‘ritual movement’, or a play, but never was it a Mass.

I found it absolutely hilarious when they called it a ritual movement. Until that point I had only heard that phrase used by my father in law.
Typically, he would grab a magazine, a roll of toilet paper, and go to the back bathroom for his ‘ritual movement.’

Haha! And at the end, she was congragulating Cardinal Mahony for his “presence among us”. And did you notice, that’s all she said. Just thanks for being there. I guess they forgot about the presence of the tabernacle. Oops! I guess most of them don’t even know what that is.

Which is really sad. Leading souls astray is just so sad. I think we all need to pray for all of them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.