Video "Proclamation to the world!!! The dawning of the anti-christ!!!"

Someone explain this video to me… is this just a weak smear campaign by some protest-ant that people are eating up without thinking or should I be worried? I mean I could subtitle anything from another language and spin it to say whatever I wanted it to. Everyone in church apparently said “AMEN” to satan or whatever this garbage is trying to say.

youtu.be/_LLEbmJNQrY

What is the deal? What is the actual transcript and how do you debunk this to all the sad people who are commenting on this video believing it. :shrug:

The video maker obviously didn’t learn latin at school :slight_smile:

WikipediaOther indications that in Christian tradition the Latin word lucifer did not carry connotations of a fallen angel are the names of Bishops Lucifer of Cagliari and Lucifer of Siena, and its use in the Easter Proclamation prayer to God regarding the paschal candle: Flammas eius lucifer matutinus inveniat: ille, inquam, lucifer, qui nescit occasum. Christus Filius tuus, qui, regressus ab inferis, humano generi serenus illuxit, et vivit et regnat in saecula saeculorum (May this flame be found still burning by the Morning Star: the one Morning Star who never sets, Christ your Son, who, coming back from death’s domain, has shed his peaceful light on humanity, and lives and reigns for ever and ever). In the works of Latin grammarians, Lucifer, like Daniel, was discussed as an example of a personal name”

Again? We’ve had a few dawnings of the anti-christ in the last 40 years.

Peace,
Ed

Well, look at the video… it’s the spin put on the Pope’s message that I have a problem with and would like to debunk honestly and logically. The people commenting on this video are probably the type that don’t care for truth anyways, the more “dirt” they can dig up on the great “whore of babylon” as I think they call us… the better for them. They kind of remind me of atheists. :cool:

I have yet to see one positive comment telling these people they are all coo coo coco puffs for believing so easily what they see on youtube.

last 40 years ? more likely last 1950 years !

1 John 2:18 “Children, it is the last hour! As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. From this we know that it is the last hour.”

You don’t have to watch that junk, you know. Besides, there is nothing you can do about it, there is no law against being stupid or for just being a fool.

Linus2nd

Linus, personally I don’t like that kind of attitude… there is nothing that can be done?? How about educate people… you know how shows like “Right Here, Right Now with Patrick Madrid” and “Catholic Answers Live” to name a few does? What is the point of being Catholic and then sitting back and allowing people to stomp all over us and make up lies that just constantly snowball into oblivion unchecked? I’m really sorry but I fail to understand just labeling someone a fool and not acting in terms of education or debunking the lies being projected. :cool:

You said I don’t have to watch it, so when one of my friends posts it I am just supposed to pretend this stuff doesn’t exist… yeah that doesn’t make much sense and is counterproductive to say the least, if we actually care about people “coming home” :wink:

Education is the issue, read the comments? You have anger, ignorance, confusion, fear, misguided intentions, and most astonishing promoted by a Rev in Gods name. And the topic is the coming of evil?

Exactly… it’s sad.

What would the Lord have done? Forgive them? And we should and pray for them?

As for You Tube, that’s a good question, and honestly I don’t have a good answer. :slight_smile:

Well first, whether she is being deliberately deceptive or is just ignorant, it should raise a red flag that the “reverend” translated every other word into English but left “lucifer” in Latin. Why? Because you can’t claim the Catholic Church is worshipping the devil if you translate the words correctly to read:

May this flame be found still burning
by the Morning Star (“lúcifer” in Latin) :
the one Morning Star who never sets,
Christ your Son,
who, coming back from death’s domain,
has shed his peaceful light on humanity,
and lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Amen.

Christ refers to himself as the “bright morning star” in Rev. 22:16. So, contrary to the video’s claims, the Church isn’t calling Jesus the son of Satan. Rather, it is using a term that Jesus ascribes to himself to refer to . . . wait for it . . . Jesus. [sarcasm] Oh the horror! [/sarcasm]

You have to pick your battles when you confront this kind of thing; it will drive you crazy and get you no where if you fight to the death about every silly, anti-Catholic, uninformed video that is posted on the internet. These people don’t want to be educated by us, and learn the truth; they think it is their Christian responsibility to educate us to what they think is the truth. Send your friend a personal note and tell him everything on the video he posted is anti-Catholic, and as a Catholic you are offended and hurt that he would think you would find it useful or even in good taste. The next time one of your friends sends out something like this, respond by telling them, as a Catholic, you are not interested in watching any distorted, anti-Catholic garbage.

We have to respond and warn others. Saying nothing is not an option.

Peace,
Ed

Tell your friend that the posting of this video is solid evidence, if not proof, that the Catholic Church is God’s One True Church.

Jesus was falsely accused and said His Church would suffer the same.

**Mark 14:55-59
“Many gave ** false witness against him, but their testimony did not agree…”
Matthew 12:24-26
“But when the ** Pharisees heard this, they said, ** ‘This man drives out demons only by the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons.’
But he knew what they were thinking and said to them, ‘Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste, and no town or house divided against itself will stand. And if Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand?’ ”

**Just as He was accused of doing the work of the Devil, He predicted that His Church would also be accused in the same way.

John 15:18-20
“If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first.
… If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you.”

Matthew 10:23-25
“…No disciple is above his teacher,
no slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, for the slave that he become like his master. ** If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more those of his household !” ** NAB

Therefore, since we know that Christ’s prophecy is true, our search to identify His True Church that He established can be safely restricted to considering only those Churches that are accused of doing the Devil’s work.

The Church established by Jesus is the Catholic Church.
See Peter, and Apostolic Succession.

defendingthebride.com/ch/whore1.html

Here is an article explaining it.

thecatholicdetective.tumblr.com/post/92117137525/eastervigillucifer

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.