Video purports to show Texas judge beating daughter

cnn.com/2011/11/02/justice/texas-video-beating/

A years-old video showing a violent beating and emotional abuse heaped on an apparently disabled teenage girl drew international outrage and prompted a police investigation Wednesday after it was posted on the Internet.
The video was uploaded by a woman who said she was the victim – and that her parents, including her father – a Texas judge – were the couple seen in the video beating and cursing at the girl.
A person identifying herself as Hillary Adams, daughter of Aransas County, Texas Court-At-Law Judge William Adams, posted the graphic and disturbing video on the sharing site Reddit on Wednesday, saying she had held onto it “until the right time” but decided to post it after receiving a “barrage of harassment” over the phone from her father.
In the YouTube posting, the person identifying herself as Hillary Adams said the beating occurred in 2004, when her father was punishing her for using the Internet “to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time.”

See article for more…

The actual youtube video is a little intense, so I will refrain from posting a link to it, but it is easy enough to find with a simple search for Judge William Adams.

I watched the video.

Give me five minutes with this guy and he will regret ever beating his daughter like that.

Link

CAUTION: I would recommend reading the article only, video is disturbing.

Spare the rod…spoil the child? :rolleyes:

Of course, most of those who spank/assault children do so “in love” and their kids turn into “healthy, well-adjusted adults.” :rolleyes:

Obviously the solution to the immorality of our times is to beat children. That’s what out society needs more of, right? :rolleyes:

If you don’t understand the difference between spanking and what this video shows, there is no point in having a discussion with you.

Peace

Tim

Yes, people like you should never spank…

If you can’t tell the difference then you would most likely abuse your child and end up like these people.

Really at age 16 I would think any form of spanking is highly questionable.

Please. :rolleyes:

Spanking = assaulting children. Saying you can’t compare the two because of the “level” of violence is nonsense, it’s like saying you can’t compare steak and a donut because their nutritional values are different. Yeah, they sure are, but they’re both foods, and assaulting children = assaulting children.

Maybe this analogy will work better for you… if I steal $5 or if I steal $100, it’s still STEALING! Imagine catching one of your kids rummaging through your wallet and swiping a 5, and you chastise him because he’s stealing and his response is, “it’s only $5, it doesn’t count!”

Surprising enough the Honorable Judge is a democrat that handles family law.

Abuse knows no political party.

Case in point: there are many Republicans on these boards. :o

But if he steals your $300,000 retirement from your 401k should it be treated the same as taking a quarter off your dresser?

Please note - this is your arguement.

Yet no videos of them beating their handicapped daughter.

No, that is not my argument.

My argument is that we are to avoid ALL sin. A small sin is still a sin. (Though frankly, I can’t imagine how purposefully causing physical pain to a innocent under your care could ever be a ‘small’ sin)

So this isn’t your post?

Maybe this analogy will work better for you… if I steal $5 or if I steal $100, it’s still STEALING! Imagine catching one of your kids rummaging through your wallet and swiping a 5, and you chastise him because he’s stealing and his response is, “it’s only $5, it doesn’t count!”

I hope every child who has a parent here gets a video camera and then we could find out.

If kids are reading this, protect yourselves. Don’t fall for the lie that your parents love you if they are hitting you… they DON’T and you are a child of God and DO NOT DESERVE TO BE ASSAULTED!

That is my post. I don’t know what you’re not understanding about this. “Small” sins are sins, too. What is confusing about that?

Because democrats are going to beat you with a belt…

So there is a difference - for some reason you stated the opposite earlier.

There are two types of differences we’re discussing: degree and kind. Things may differ in degree but share in kind, see: foods have different nutritional values but are still foods, some abuse is worse than others, but is still abuse and most importantly, sins may vary in degree but share in kind. As Christians, we are called to avoid sin - not just the kinds of sins we want to avoid. Hope that makes sense of it. :slight_smile:

Ricin and water are both liquids, but guess what…

one of them is good for you.

I don’t think you have the power to declare spanking a sin…

unless your God, and if you are we’ve got lots to discuss.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.