Vietnamese lay activists, convicted on criminal charges, viewed as heroes by fellow Catholics

Hanoi, Dec. 11, 2008 (CWNews.com) - Eight Vietnamese Catholic activists who were found guilty of criminal charges earlier this week view their conviction as a badge of honor, Church officials in Hanoi report.

The Catholic defendants, who were convicted on December 8 on charges of destroying public property, in connection with peaceful protests at a Redemptorist monastery, wore their best clothes to the courtroom. "They dressed so beautifully like that to tell everyone that they were innocent, they had nothing to be ashamed of; and that they were proud and happy to be witnesses of the truth and justice,” explained Father Matthew Vu Khoi Phung, the Redemptorist superior.

catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=60257

What do you all think about this? Personally, I am proud of my Vietnamese brothers and sisters in Christ. :thumbsup:

May God reward them! :slight_smile:

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you, save souls!

:amen:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.