Who says only villains should have fans? They need love too. So, let's hear it for the villains! If it weren't for them, fiction would be boring.
So who are your favorite villains?
I'll start with my first love: Disney. You know, for such a sweet, beautiful body of work, Disney created some of the most frightening villains ever.
1. Scar (Lion King)--this guy is so ruthless. And I love his villain song!
2. Xanatos (Gargoyles)--that cunning smirk. And Jonathan Frakes is his voice actor. It's a perfect match.
3. Cruella De Ville (101 Dalmatians)--Sing it with me: If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will.
4. The Coachman (Pinocchio)--Every time I hear that line "They never come back--as boys!", I get chills.
5. Jafar (Aladdin)--his voice is so bone-chilling.
6. Shere Khan (The Jungle Book)--he's Scar, but worse.
7. Hades (Hercules)--So what if he's not accurate. He's great!
8. Demona (Gargoyles)--the sad part is that she can be sympathized with. You almost feel like if you were her, you might've chosen the same path.
9. Magica Da Spell (Uncle Scrooge comics, Duck Tales)--June Foray was perfect as this villain.
10. Mirage (Aladdin: the series)--Because she's just in it for the fun of tormenting others. And I love that scene where she turns Jasmine into a poisonous monster and Aladdin volunteers to be turned into a male version just so they can still be together.
In my next post, I'll add my favorite literary villains.