Violence Erupts as Protests Clash at Capitol, 5 People Stabbed

fox40.com/2016/06/26/violence-erupts-as-protests-clash-at-capitol/

It appears that a far right group was attacked by hooded anarchists.

Footage of the fighting rt.com/usa/348500-stabbing-rally-sacramento-california/

The news reports suggests both took part in the violence. I have a deep dislike for white supre macist groups but it is better to let them air their views than attack them or engage in fighting with them. At least usually, although I can envisage circumstances where violence might be needed when dealing with such groups this is not such a moment.

While I do not live over there, but usually times of transition, or times of ‘confusion’ is when these types of groups strike, in hopes they will somehow end up in power or at least more power than they had before, or just to stir the pot.

Look at what was going on in Germany right before Hitler came into power.

This reminds of the old fighting between racist fascists and communists in Germany during the early 30s.

I have never heard of this Traditionalist Worker Party. Apparently they are only a couple years old, but are connected to the American Freedom Party which has been around for awhile.

[quote=Southern Poverty Law Center]TWP, formed in January of [2015] as the political wing of the Traditionalist Youth Network (TYN), an identitarian-inspired umbrella group that aims to indoctrinate high school and college students into white nationalism.

According to the TWP website, “TradWorker is less about the candidates and campaigns than it is about building relationships of loyalty and support at the neighborhood and community level.” The site goes on to say, “Our mission is defending faith, family, and folk against the politicians and oligarchs who are running America into the ground. We intend to achieve that goal by building a nationwide network of grassroots local leaders who will lead Americans toward a peaceful and prosperous future free from economic exploitation, federal tyranny, and anti-Christian degeneracy.”

Such language, disingenuously cloaked in claims of love for one’s “own people” as opposed to hatred for anyone, is typical from TWP’s virulently racist and anti-Semitic parent organization.
[/quote]

splcenter.org/hatewatch/2015/10/19/meet-new-wave-extremists-gearing-2016-elections

The AFP hopelessly runs candidates at the state and national level, but the TWP aims to elect candidates at the local level where they might meet success.

Free speech is well, free speech. But as Milo says “sunlight is the best disinfectant”.

Also, I think the cops prefer to let these groups air out every so often so they let off steam. :shrug:

Once again police in the State of California show there total incompetence. Two rival extremist groups make known there plans to meet up at the Capitol building for weeks, and the police are powerless to stop them from having a brutal brawl. What did they think these groups were going to do, have a dance off ?

Dear neo-Nazis:

Not today, Satan. Not today.

Cordially,

Protesters

I’m sure the general anti-police attitude in vogue these days is having an impact. Police are just as human as anyone else, and not only do they get the message from the “left” that “actually doing your job means you’re a brutal bigoted corrupt jerk who deserves to burn like a pig in a blanket”, they also get the message from the “right” that “you’re just another useless government bureaucrat, we don’t need you to defend us, we’ll do a better job ourselves”.

Either way, the message is clear: Stand down, you cops, don’t actually do the job you swore to do, you’ll do more harm than good. Seems many cops have heard that message loud and clear.

Primarily this is due to the black lives matter movement and how “social justice warriors” jumped on that as well. Though this incident would primarily have been white supremacists vs SJW/BLM, the police want to be cautious rather than doing justice in the fear of being “racist”. Another thing to note, no gun violence! thats pretty neat, except Chicago is having massive casualties to shootings right now. Just thought I would mention that.

RT always seems to have the best video footage of American news events, somehow. Thanks for posting this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.