Virginia Man Convicted of Indecent Exposure for Being Naked in His Own Home

A Virginia man has been convicted of indecent exposure after prosecutors said he stood naked inside his house as a 7-year-old boy and his mother walked by.

The mother and child allegedly observed the defendant, 29-year-old Erick Williamson, first through a doorway and again through a window that had no drapes, MyFoxDC reported.

Williamson, the father of a 5-year-old, argued in court Friday that he should be free to go au naturel inside his home. But a judge agreed with prosecutors who argued Williamson's actions showed he intended to make himself visible to the pair as they walked to school along a path outside his home in October.

Read here.

I am unsure what to think with this. On one hand he is in his own house and should be able to walk around naked if he wants to. But why was he in front of the open windows and doors, no one else needs to see that. But then again no one should be looking in others windows. :whacky:

This sure is a weird story. ;)

I think he knew excatly what he was doing. Thats why he made a noise to get their attention. You hear a sudden or strange noise you’re going to look. Its a basic human survial instinct, That has kept people alive for millions of years.This perv just thought he’d be a smart a@$e and try to use a legal loop hole to expose himself to the public.

Lots of people are naked in their homes at 6 in the morning. If you’re walking around a neighborhood at that hour with your son, and deliberately looking into people’s homes to catch it, that makes you the perv, or in this case, the woman. This probably only escalated into a charge because her husband is a cop.

It was 5am, no one can possibly claim that they were walking to school

[quote="st_lucy, post:1, topic:180283"]
Read here.

I am unsure what to think with this. On one hand he is in his own house and should be able to walk around naked if he wants to. But why was he in front of the open windows and doors, no one else needs to see that. But then again no one should be looking in others windows. :whacky:

This sure is a weird story. ;)

[/quote]

I remember a similar story that happened in my own country Canada. To back up evidence to support the woman who saw a man standing naked in his living room window, she happened to have a camera and as luck or misfortune would have it; the man was charged by the police for indecent exposure and brought before the courts. Intentional or unintentional it's against the law if your visibly naked to the outside public in your own home.

Using simple logic one has to ask why would someone stand naked in their living room window in the first place.:confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.