Virtual Rosary Rally against Coronavirus happening Online each night till March 25

The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is holding a virtual rosary rally against Coronavirus from March 17 to March 25. I missed tonight’s because I was at Mass, but hoping to join on other evenings.

Here is the info copied from social media on how to join.

The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is hosting a virtual Rosary at 8 PM (Eastern Daylight Time, same time as New York) each evening until March 25 to petition the Blessed Mother as intercessor to Her Son to stop the spread of the Corona virus.

The Rosary will be hosted via the online meeting platform Zoom, which allows participants to join in using their computer, mobile device or telephone. The prayer meeting can be found at zoom.us/j/494480541. Participants are asked to click on the link at least five to 10 minutes prior to the rosary to allow any software downloads required by their devices.

Those joining by telephone can dial 646-558-8656 and enter the webinar identification number 494 480 541 when prompted.

The Virtual Rosary will culminate in a Rally for Vocations on March 25, the Solemnity of the Annunciation, at 7 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time, same time as New York.) NOTE the time change for March 25! Sponsored by the Vocation Office for the Diocesan Priesthood, the event – entitled “Celebrating Mary’s Yes” — will unite faithful throughout the archdiocese to simultaneously pray the rosary for an increase in vocations.

Lets join together in asking Our Lady to bring an end to this pandemic.

6 Likes

Just found out that the World Rosary called for by the Pop being said at 9 PM Rome, Italy will be broadcast by Formed (formed.org) out of CO at 2 PM. Not much notice but maybe somebody else will see this in time. :pray:

Youtube is the best link. Lots of the streaming services are giving errors, probably because so many are trying to join and pray along.

Masses are still being held?

They ended in Philly at noon on March 18. I posted that the evening of March 17, yes there was still Mass that day.

@Tis_Bearself I did get to log onto Formed and began praying the Rosary with them until the site crashed! Just continued on my own in the knowledge I wasn’t alone.

I’m watching the Youtube in Italian while praying the rosary in English. It’s still chugging along.

All the stream sites are crashing because of overload, so many want to pray along.

I couldn’t concentrate because my brain couldn’t handle two languages at the same time. Closed phone and prayed along alone.

Side note: while I was praying along with the Militant Church using the Rosary given by my late husband to me as a wedding present, I felt connected to the other 2/3rds of the Mystical Body of Christ and so connected to him.

3 Likes

That’s nice when that happens. Sometimes the veil gets very thin.

Zoom worked pretty good.

Bumping for the 8 pm Virtual Rosary Rally live stream. I’m about to join now.

A reminder that tonight’s Virtual Rosary Rally live stream will be starting shortly, at 8 pm US Eastern Time, if anyone would like to join. The link for the Zoom webcast, and the telephone dial-in number if you prefer to use phone and not Zoom, are in the first post.
I think they had 1600 households join last night.

2 Likes

Tonight’s Rosary will start in a few minutes (8 pm Eastern time). Feel free to join, directions in first post.

Bumping as reminder for the 8 PM Rosary, starting in a few minutes. To join, use the Zoom link or phone number in the first post.

I would note that the Rosary Novena is NOT going to end on March 25 as planned. Instead, they are planning to just keep up praying the Rosary like this every night “until we don’t have to pray it any more”.

Don’t forget you can get a plenary indulgence for praying this rosary, under the conditions established by the Decree of the Apostolic Penitentiary.

Bump for tonight’s Rosary, join if you like

Bump - the Rosary against Coronavirus will be starting in a few minutes online at 8 pm, join via Zoom or phone if you like. We are getting about 2000 households a night joining.

The Virtual Rosary Rally was up to 2500 households signed in tonight :pray: :heart_eyes:

Just to let people know, in case I don’t think of it tomorrow:

The rosary for tomorrow, Wednesday March 25, will NOT be on the Zoom and dial-in.

Instead it will be a Rosary for Vocations and will be led by Archbishop Perez, and live streamed on Heedthecall.org . It will also be taking place an hour earlier, at 7 pm, Eastern US time, NOT 8 PM, but 7 pm.

Please feel free to join tomorrow at 7 pm at Heedthecall.org and pray for vocations with Archbishop Perez and the rest of us.

Bumping for the Rosary for Vocations and against Coronavirus, coming up in about 10 minutes at 7 pm Eastern (not 8 pm, but 7 pm tonight), live streamed and led by Archbishop Perez of Philadelphia, at heedthecall.org.

edited to add, Heedthecall.org just crashed. I guess too many people tuned in! I tuned into the feed on the Archdiocese of Philly Facebook page.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.