Virtue Prayer

Lord Jesus Christ, grant me Obedience against disboedience, Humility against pride, Kindness against envy, Abstinence against gluttony, Chastity against lust, Patience against anger, Liberality against greed, Diligence against sloth, and Charity against indifference. May the sweet Necklace of Virtue make my soul beautiful for You, Lord, for I desire to please You and be a shining mirror of Justice!

Holy Mary, Mediatrix of all graces, obtain for me, a poor sinner. every grace which my soul needs, for your prayers are powerful, a sweet fragrence which your Son can never refuse. The Lord, who, in His Mercy, deigned to come into the world through His virgin handmaid, has deigned also to dispense His Mercy and graces through the same Virgin Mary, for, in giving herself to Him and His work, she has given herself to sharing in His work through her prayers and sufferings. And I, in asking for your intercession, O sweet Mother of men and Queen of all things, entrust myself to your Most Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart and hide myself in your Mantle, trusting your maternal compassion, which always disarms your Son’s Justice, just as a mother disarms the father’s desire to chastise his children. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, pray for me, a poor creature!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.