vivid video of Israel attacks on Hamas

news.yahoo.com/israel-hits-symbols-hamas-power-gaza-war-084424098.html:frighten:

Must See in large Screen image

We have to pray for Peace, its the Innocent that are getting killed, Both sides are digging in there heels , Its bad enough we have problems, in Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Africa, why cannot people of different beliefs live and let live, we are all answerable to the One God. Plus killing people if they change religion, far better to practise what you believe in that a lapsed whatever, its called choice to honour God the way you think you should not the way others think you should.

I am informed that Pope Francis called for a cease fire. I doubt he meant a temporary one. If both sides stopped forever, that would be the end of it. But I don’t think “cease fire forever” is part of Hamas’ belief system relative to Israel.

Yes, we must definitely pray for peace.

No, and that is the obstacle to peace. One side wants to destroy Israel, while the other side merely wants to exist - and will defend itself from attacks.

Ishii

Not if they actually believe what they wrote in the Hamas Covenant.

From the preamble: Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

And it only gets more radical from there. See this post for more explicit details of their Charter.

I can’t really help but to wonder if any cease fire agreed to by Hamas is nothing but taqiyya.

The Holy Father has called for a cease fire on both sides of the conflict. He gave no qualifiers to a cease fire.

So maybe the Pope was giving qualifiers to the cease fire. Why wouldn’t he have mentioned that.

Your faith should come before your politicos or allegiance to Israel.

So what the Pope said doesn’t count in the current situation. Why would the Pope be so unclear as to call for a stop in the fighting when he had qualifiers involved?

bad link in OP

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.