vocation confusion.

I have no idea what kind of man God is calling me to be... Sometimes I feel like being a priest, sometimes I feel like a hermit monk, sometimes I want to be a family man, sometimes I feel like a consecrated single. I have been recently drawn into ascetism and complete detachment.

Yet I have fears and doubts about each of them. I am not particularly into kids, but I am also scared of being a priest. What does God really want from me?

Sometimes I want to be part of the world, sometimes I want to be detached. I am so clueless.

I just have no idea. I have been praying for a long time and I still am confused. I usually spend a long time in front of the Blessed Sacramanent. I am still in university and I am planning to finish my degree first. I have been confused about this for a very long time.

Prayers to you for discernment of a vocation when God's time is right.
Peace in Christ,
Mary.

I have found this a tough thing to figure out for myself also. With enough prayer and gentle listening it must be possible. Maybe even spiritual direction from a priest.

Vocation Prayer

You gift me with all the good gifts that make me the person you created me to be. Help me to know and find your will and to trust that you will help me to understand the path you call me to journey in life. Where there is doubt give me courage. Give me a heart open to your quiet voice so I can hear your call to me. Help me to know your faithfulness and help me to be faithful to that which you call me to. Amen.

You might have a good home with us in the Poor Knights, we live a rule that is very monastic but Knights are allowed to Marry. There is a link in my signature, or you could PM if you are interested in more information.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.