Vocation Discernment

I am beginning the discernment process as to whether I have a vocation to join the Carthusian Order.

I would like to ask for prayers for a successful discernment.

Thank you.

Prayer of St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori
’O my Jesus, look not on my ingratitude to Thee. . .'
from ‘The True Spouse of Jesus Christ’

O my Jesus, look not on my ingratitude to Thee, after all Thy mercies, but turn Thy eyes to Thy own merits, and to the pains that Thou hast suffered for me, from the crib of Bethlehem to the cross of Calvary. I repent, with my whole soul, of all the offences that I have offered to Thee. From this moment I consecrate to Thee my life, which I desire to spend in doing all that I can to obey and to love Thee. I love Thee, O my Redeemer, but I love Thee too little; for Thy mercy’s sake, increase in my soul Thy love. Hear my prayer O Jesus, and make me, by Thy grace, continue to repeat this prayer. O love of my soul, O that my heart may burn continually with Thy love. I have offended Thee grievously; but for the future I desire to love Thee intensely. I desire to love Thee alone, because Thou alone descrvest to be loved above all things; and I desire to love Thee for no other reason than because Thou art worthy of all love.

O Mary, my mother and my hope, assist me.

Act of Love

O Lord God, I love you above all things and I love my neighbor for your sake because you are the highest, infinite and perfect good, worthy of all my love. In this love I intend to live and die.

Act of Petition
from the Small Roman Missal

ADORABLE Saviour, “in Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, and all the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth corporally,” consider my many wants, and grant me those graces which Thou knowest I stand in need of to do Thy will in all things.

Thou knowest my weakness and the necessity which I endure; in how great evils and vices I am immersed: how often I am oppressed, tempted, troubled and defiled. To Thee I come for remedy. I pray to Thee for comfort and succour. I speak to Him that knows all things; to Whom all that is within me is manifest, and Who alone can perfectly comfort and help me. Thou knowest what good things I stand most in need of, and how poor I am in virtues.

Behold I stand before Thee poor and naked, begging Thy grace, and imploring Thy mercy. Feed Thy hungry suppliant; inflame my coldness with the fire of Thy love; enlighten my blindness with the brightness of Thy presence.

Ave Maria. Ave Maria. Ave Maria.

St. Philomena, white lily of grace, ora pro nobis. Choirs of angels and holy saints, orate pro nobis.

Gloria in Excelsis Deo. Glory be. . .

+JMJ

You have chosen one of the most demanding of orders. I will pray for your discernment. God bless you for your vocation.

May our Lord Jesus Christ be your constant companion through this journey.

Amen.

Odopa

Dear St. Bruno,

Please guide Shin in his vocation discernment through the intercession of your prayers as he considers the Carthusian Order.

~~ the phoenix

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

I have always loved the below . . . Holy Benedictine Prayer . . . prayed by Benedictine nuns new to their order in Europe when they take their vows . . . which order prayer:gopray2:fully and faithfully follows the . . . Holy Rule of St. Benedict . . . may God share and adapt it to thy soul as you seek the holy gift of discernment of . . . God’s **Holy Will ** . . . for your life . . .

"Save Thy handmaiden, O Lord, for in Thee is her hope. Let her be good and humble. Let her be exalted by obedience. Let her be bound to peace. Let her be constant in prayer. Lastly, O Lord, we beg **Thee **to receive graciously her offerings … "

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . Sweet Spirit of our Holy God+
. . . guide, instruct and direct+
***“Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
*+
:signofcross:
[/RIGHT]

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the poweful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved spouse. Come help Shin discern his holy vocation to the Carthusian order and grant him a good community to discern his vocation with - along with a good, holy priest to help guide him along his way. What a beautiful calling, Lord. Grant Shin a holy community to join and to share his love of you with. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

St Bruno, please pray for Chin in his discernment and journey towards the Carthusian order. May you constantly intercede for him as he faces the rigors and stresses of the deceptively simple disciplines of silence and solitude. May you show him the ways towards the strength he will need.

To Chin: Wow, what a tough call to receive and follow. I admire you. I have felt the pull towards that way of life and knew that I would not be able to handle it. May you, with all of God’s good graces, soon find your place within the Charterhouse.

Peace

Thank you everyone for your prayers. :slight_smile: I truly and deeply appreciate them.

Prayer to St. Joseph
Oratio ad Sanctum Iosephum
by Pope Leo XIII
favored to be recited at the end of the Rosary, and in October

To thee, O blessed Joseph, we have recourse in our affliction, and, having implored the help of thy thrice holy Spouse, we now with hearts filled with confidence earnestly beg thee also to take us under thy protection. By that charity wherewith thou wert united to the Immaculate Virgin, Mother of God, and by that fatherly love with which thou didst cherish the Child Jesus, we beseech thee and we humbly pray, that thou wilt look down with gracious eye upon that inheritance which Jesus Christ purchased by His blood, and wilt succor us in our need by thy power and strength. Defend, O most watchful guardian of the Holy Family, the chosen offspring of Jesus Christ. Keep from us, O most loving Father, all blight of error and corruption. Aid us from on high, most valiant defender, in this conflict with the power of darkness. And even as of old thou didst rescue the Child Jesus from the peril of His life, so now defend God’s Holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity. Shield us ever under thy patronage, that, imitating thy example and strengthened by thy help, we may live a holy life, die a happy death, and attain everlasting bliss in heaven.

Ad te beate Ioseph, in tribulatione nostra confugimus, atque, implorato Sponsae tuae sanctissimae auxilio, patrocinium quoque tuum fidenter exposcimus. Per eam, quaesumus quae te cum immaculata Virgine Dei Genetrice coniunxit, caritatem, perque paternum, quo Puerum Iesum amplexus es, amorem, supplices deprecamur, ut ad hereditatem, quam Iesus Christus acquisivit Sanguine suo, benignus respicias, ac necessitatibus nostris tua virtute et ope succurras. Tuere, o Custos providentissime divinae Familiae, Iesu Christi sobolem electam; prohibe a nobis, amantissime Pater, omnem errorum ac corruptelarum luem; propitius nobis, sospitator noster fortissime, in hoc cum potestate tenebrarum certamine e caelo adesto; et sicut olim Puerum Iesum e summo eripuisti vitae discrimine, ita nunc Ecclesiam sanctam Dei ab hostilibus insidiis atque ab omni adversitate defende: nosque singulos perpetuo tege patrocinio, ut ad tui exemplar et ope tua suffulti, sancte vivere, pie emori, sempiternamque in caelis beatitudinem assequi possimus.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.