Vocation match and breviary

Praised be Jesus Christ!

I am new here. I would like to ask if you could help me find a religious congregation using my following criterias:
-Charism is more on prayer, liturgy, sacraments (esp. Holy Eucharist and Confession)
-Wears the religious habit always
-Marian
-Still receives an allowance for personal belongings or wants (except properties)
-Wears a ring after having the perpetual profession of vows
-Closer to nature and far from the modern world but not monastic

These are just some but I would not want to become a hermit nor a monk, just a religious priest…

Regarding the Breviary, I would like to ask if someone generous here may obtain for me at least a used, old, or spare copy of the Liturgy of the Hours. I am very eager and interested to unite myself with those who pray the official prayers of the Church. I merely cannot afford to purchase one since I am still studying but I am eager enough to discern more on my vocation… Please don’t hesitate to post a comment or message me.

May the good Lord bless and keep us all!

Gabriel

Almost sounds like the Franciscans of the Immaculate.

There’s also a new group in Ohio which is fairly rural.

Good that you’re following your attractions. Keep that list, but what spirituality are we talking about here?

The LOTH is available one volume at a time. The prices aren’t that oppressive, though.

All of those books are online now, also.

Blessings,
Cloisters

Cloisters:

I want a community wherein the focus of its existence in the world is for the sanctification of the people, more on developing their spiritual life (through preaching, the sacraments esp. Confession and Communion), enriching the Church’s traditions, sticking to a simpler kind of living…Those kinds…more on HOLINESS…

I also considered the ff:
-Oblate Apostles of the Two Hearts
-Order of Capuchin Friars Minor
-Order of St. Augustine

If there are none which fit my preferences, I think it would be better to choose the Diocesan Priesthood. I will live the kind of life I want and would be able to apply my preferences but the problem is :

-I have to manage a parish and work on finances (which I do not like)
-I just profess the vows of chastity and obedience

I hope you can help me figure out the best community for me

By the way, I really cannot purchase a LOTH Copy since I am still a student. Worse, it’s still vacation (meaning, no allowance:o) I hope you can refer me to someone or a community who could provide for me one

PS: I like spending most of the time on my own but still need companions

Thanks a lot!

I hate to be negative but you should be careful coming up with lists of what you want. It’s very easy to get lost in your own ideals and loose sight of what it is God wants for you and in the end it is God’s will that matters, not yours. God knows the best community for you, let Him guide you there. He may be calling you somewhere exactly like you describe. He may also be calling you somewhere very different but that is perfect for you. Be careful not to close yourself off to His will and having set lists of what you want can do that if you are not careful.

divineoffice.org/
:slight_smile:

For when you can afford-- cheapest set I could find-

c28.com/shopping/productdetails.asp?recordid=88116&adid=gBase

I’ll be praying for you :crossrc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.