Vocation to Redemptoristine Sisters

Hi all,

For the last 2 1/2 years I have been discerning a vocation to the religious life. Last May an event happened while I was on retreat in Medjugorje that made me realise that I couldn't ignore it any longer. In September of last year I made a weeks retreat in the community of the above sisters, this was followed in February this year of a one month live in with the community.

This past weekend, I returned home and told my family and friends that I am leaving home to move to the community and beginning studying to become a redemptorist nun because I feel that this the the call of God in my heart.

Over the next month, I have to make the transititon from my old life to my new life and I am aware of the huge step that I am taking. I am feeling so overwhelmed by all my emotions and the practicalities of such a move.

I would be grateful for the prayer support of everyone during this phase. :)
thanks

Prayers for you! Please pray for us, too! :slight_smile:

Lynette,

Rest assured of my prayers.  Also, fear not.  God has brought you to this place in your life and will provide everything you need.  Surrender yourself entirely to His will and you will find peace!

God bless!

Scooby

Bless you, Lynette! All the best for you as you begin your new life as a postulant with the Redemptoristines!

Thanks everyone,

this transition phase is just much more unsettling than I expected.

My life is in God's hands now and the phrase 'totus tuus' in my heart.

God bless you all for your prayer support. :thumbsup:

Peace be with you! :) I am very much aware of these nuns...helped the ones that lived here to move as the community was aged...some went to liguori, others to a catholic nursing home....they were beautiful!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.